What did you do to your WK Grand today? - Page 170 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 13-08-2023
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 128 Times in 76 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grippy View Post
The mob that did my dpf replaced the thermostat in mine as they said it wasn't getting hot enough, I like you, notice the temp never gets high. The only time I see it up in the 90's and the fans come on is chugging up tough steep hills on hot days in low range.
I did a return run to Melbourne on friday and noticed that the engine oil constantly sits on 100 C and the tranny at 90 C.

My economy, or lack there of, was 9.6 for the whole trip.
Old 13-08-2023
Rock Munki

Liked 1,322 Times in 761 Posts

They have different parameters set up John....mines a old bus....5spd.....and you would have been up and down far more 'genuine' hills then the landscape on my trip....fuel use was 8.6lt/100 on trip East...no rush...10.5lt/100 in the City....then 8.8lt/100 when I got home...bit more of a rush....I zeroed it before I started the trip and didnt reset it during the trip...so 8.8lt/100 was the 'overall' figure....stuck to the speed limit 'mostly' and only STOOD ON IT to overtake Road Trains and East-West convoys for the last 400klm....speed limit in rural Vic is 100kph....lots of variables between those figures....on trips to Port Lincolln...400klm....it will get 8.3lt/100 yet the return trip gives 9-low 9's each time...no change in driving style and not always loads of extra goodies onboard.....go figure ????....got to be the landscape....same trip times....not fixated on fuel use....just keep an eye on it as a 'gauge' on overall engine health and possible fuel system issues....I use the gauges to give me a heads up on 'something' that may need looking at...tranny always ran @ 80C once up to temp....coolant has always run cold compared to most on here...but....most have '14 models onwards....8spd and electrickery was reconfigured....cant compare my old bus with the 'flasher jiggers'....dont have a scanner to give me oil temp read outs so only have what the factory evic gives me....not much difference to old skool gauges....once your used to where 'the needle' sat you had a fair idea if you had a problem....diff, gearbox n engine oil temps, coolant, vacuum, oil pressure....cast your eye over them and note if one wasnt sitting 'where it should'....only a guide really....gauges and senders vary so nothings an 'absolute'

Only dumb people think their smart...rest of us learn everyday
Old 14-08-2023
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 1,143 Times in 605 Posts

Pretty happy with the fuel use too so far in my travels...to date have traveled 13352km, average k's per litre = 7.06, litres per 100km = 15.22. Majority of that is towing the 2.7t van as well, sitting mostly between 90 - 95kmh.

Interestingly, on the last trip to Bathurst, Jeep on it's own no van, it averaged 8.42 kms per litre over the 2200km trip, so there is not a massive difference towing in fact.

Though my Jeep is also pushing fat mud tyres, roof rack, bullbar snorkel etc so it isn't super slippery either...
Old 15-08-2023
Established Member

Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FARWEST View Post
Looks like a cold air induction for a race car.........sorry.. ..sometimes its better to just shut up

Took off my Chief gear to get an ARB Bullbar fitted.

Question for the brains trust.

Anyone have an ARB Bar and have their ACC radar and a winch fitted? ARB here reckons they can do it but I’ve never seen it as the radar is fitted in the winch fairlead hole.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 15-08-2023
Full Flexer

Liked 672 Times in 377 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_char View Post
Took off my Chief gear to get an ARB Bullbar fitted.

Question for the brains trust.

Anyone have an ARB Bar and have their ACC radar and a winch fitted? ARB here reckons they can do it but I’ve never seen it as the radar is fitted in the winch fairlead hole.

Cheers.

Not my ride, but the ACC radar gets relocated to a bracket above the fairlead hole (under the numberplate in this pic)

On another note, not sure I've seen an ARB bar fitted to a Summit, S-Limited, S-Overland with the 'wide body'!

Last edited by LeCheese; 15-08-2023 at 05:04 PM.
Old 15-08-2023
Established Member

Check out my Ride(s)
Default What did you do to your WK Grand today?

I appreciate the feedback. I’m surprised that there wasnt a tab welded in the bullbar for an antenna…..

ARB assures me this will fit the Summit. It’ll be interesting to see how it fits, I’m not too sure about how wide the front is compared to overlanders etc.

I’m picking up the bullbar tomorrow and will fit it on the weekend. I was going to get them to do it but rather do these things myself. That way I know the ins and outs of the thing. I fitted a uneek bar to my last jeep so it’s not my first rodeo.

I will word ARB up regarding the Summit/S-Limited problem before I fork out the readies $$$.

Next question. Who’s fitted an ARB bar before? Any tips?

Last edited by john_char; 15-08-2023 at 08:59 PM.
Old 18-08-2023
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 3,942 Times in 2,327 Posts

Service due shortly so I rotated my wheels yesterday, 10K odd kms ago I threw a wheel weight so did the rotate early due to the wobble, still hadn't got that wheel balanced so off to tyre shop with it, $25 , oh I miss being able to do my own...

While I have wheels off take the chance to have a good check of everything hidden out of sight, brakes, steering rack suspension bits, I am amazed at how well wearing these Jeep brake pads and discs are, rotors and pads have heaps of meat left at 120K in fact hardly worn at all.... Do mine every 10K km service keeps the tread depth even all round .............. towing can chew things down a bit.

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Post New Thread  Reply