WK2 - Front recovery hooks ? - Page 12 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 27-03-2012
asp_777
Visitor

Is this what you guys are after>
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-JEEP-GR...064256&vxp=mtr
Old 27-03-2012
CrawlerStar

Liked 144 Times in 90 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asp_777 View Post
Won't fit the 2012's as the front crossmember is different to the 2011 hence the angst.....lots of posts on this.....
Old 27-03-2012
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhillman View Post
Latest information from Chrysler.

Recovery hooks:
By mid-April there will be two solutions on offer:
a. A single recovery hook that fits to the current mounting for the tow hook. Hard to see how this can be sufficiently rated, but if Chrysler says it is - it is.
b. A nudge bar that has two integrated recovery hooks.

They will be available as a spare part through dealerships.

Tyres:

There are 265/60R18 AT available, but be very careful about the load rating. It must be 110. This disqualifies the Goodyear Silent Armor which only has a rating of 109. Running tryes below spec could theoretically invalidate your insurance.
Thanks Mac my GC 2012 Overland arrives in early June
Old 28-03-2012
Established Member

Liked 22 Times in 16 Posts

I have now had Cooper AT/3 fitted to my GC free of charge after Dept Fair Trading got involved on my behalf. A long drawn out affair with Chysler and the dealer but I got there in the end.

I'll hang fire on the recovery hooks until mid April...
Old 28-03-2012
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just a quick note on the tyre issue. Two weeks ago I noted that the tyres fitted to my new GC were not all-terrain as specified and complained to the dealer. 24 emails over the course of a day between myself and the Dealer Principal of a very large multi-brand dealership here in Adelaide and I had the problem sorted - 5 brand new Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor tyres fitted at no cost to me. These are recommended by Jeep Australia and I have that in writing so any issue of fitness for purpose or rating for insurance purposes is now their issue.

Simply, Jeep tried hard to argue that the Kuhmo Solus tyre was an all-terrain tyre and that they had just renamed it - complete bullshit!
Old 12-04-2012
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Had a E-Mail from ECB regarding availabillty of a Alluminium Bullbar for the GC WK2 2012 they have come up with a mounting brackets that incorporate recovery hooks accessable through holes in the bull bar bumper but they state they are " unrated" I checked back with them about this they replyed they can be used for recovery aslong as you spread the load between the 2 Hooks check out this Link http://www.ecb.com.au/vehicle.php?Mo...nt=966&Make=15
Old 13-04-2012
Established Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Hole centres

Hi guys,

I'd appreciate if someone wouldn't mind getting under their GC and checking a measurement.

The problem is that the front holes for mounting the hook have been removed. But I believe the holes further back, for mounting the bracket are still there. Can someone check on a 2012 model what the centre to centre measurement is for the holes, and also what size thread they might be?

I've attached a diagram indicating which measurement I'm talking about.

I'm working on options outside the Chrysler ones, and will let everyone know if I manage to come up with something.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GC recovery mounts.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	53791  

Last edited by Savvas; 13-04-2012 at 09:10 AM.
Post New Thread  Reply