Rear locker options - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 21-01-2016
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Rear locker options

Question that I cannot seem to find a consensus on...

I have a 2009 JKU, and I have been told that it has an LSD in the rear by one of my local shops I visited looking at an auto locker for it (ordered a LOKKA for the front).

The info I can find online differentiates between opinions that JKs in Australia have an LSD, or a Brake Lock of some description to various forms of open differentials in the rear.

I have not done the 'lift the rear and spin the wheel' test as I do not have the means to safely do so...

My question for the learned members of this forum is this; 'What does it have?"

I would love to fit an E-Locker in the rear to compliment my soon to be installed front LOKKA, but $ may restrict this for some time...thus if a LOKKA or other auto locker would fit for now I would like to know which one would work.

JKU 2010
3" OME Lift
Mopar steel bull bar
Warn 9.5i
AEV Snorkel
ARB Compressor
Old 21-01-2016
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 116 Times in 94 Posts

Take your VIN, and enter here:

https://jeep.custhelp.com/app/jeep/e...WGxOMmc2T2w%3D

You can see what it left the factory with. Your build sheet by Jeep.
Old 21-01-2016
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 107 Times in 78 Posts

As far as I know LSD's may have been used on some JK's in the US but not on any JK's exported to Aus. All JK's in Aus have a traction control system that applies the brakes to spinning wheels using the ABS sensors to tell which wheel is spinning. The diff's in an Aus JK are normal open diff's unless you have a Rubi or have the off-road pack fitted but in that case you'd have diff lock buttons on the dash. Assuming you don't already have factory diff locks then you should be able to fit whichever locker you want.
Old 21-01-2016
CrawlerStar

Liked 42 Times in 35 Posts

I doubt you have an LSD but if you do the Uneek Cap Locker can be installed while retaining the LSD. Not sure when they will be released but they have said it will be cheaper and better than the local competition.
Old 21-01-2016
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks

LOKKA does not have an option for the rear D44 it seems...

does anyone have any experience with an auto locker in the rear of their Jeep.

4 door that is occasionally used to tow a camper trailer, used on moderate trails and I don't have a heavy right foot.

JKU 2010
3" OME Lift
Mopar steel bull bar
Warn 9.5i
AEV Snorkel
ARB Compressor
Old 21-01-2016
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I stand corrected.

A search of the website at 4WD Systems lists a LOKKA for the rear D44 with an open differential...may be an option.

I am very keen to hear from anyone who has used one in the rear. I have read of course about adjusting your driving style and the cornering/acceleration issues etc...but real experience I seek.

I will not be taking my Jeep up any spiral parking garages etc. as it is to high for most parking garages and I never use them.

JKU 2010
3" OME Lift
Mopar steel bull bar
Warn 9.5i
AEV Snorkel
ARB Compressor
Old 21-01-2016
Full Flexer

Liked 113 Times in 77 Posts

worth noting that the JK doesn't actually have a standard rear D44

as can be seen on page 11 of this:http://www.eaton.com/ecm/groups/publ.../ct_128302.pdf

I know because I was initially sent the standard D44 elocker and it didnt fit correctly

worth checking anyway
Post New Thread  Reply