qld hoon laws - Page 4 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > Off Topic Chitchat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 13-10-2012
Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 6,576 Times in 4,354 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Depner View Post
I ride a motocycle most of the time (48years years) and its about time the cops remove these tossers from the road. The level of driving is getting worse all the time with young people with to much money and not enough brains messing it up for all of us. Looks at the Utube clips and you see the same little p plate pricks or brain dead arsehole everytime make life on the roads dangerous for all of us.
Im with you on this Von Dep.
I can remember when I got my license 40 years ago, I was told by the local cop that you were dangerous on the road until you had your first bad accident! It is so true. Back then the wasnt all the safety stuff like air bags, so it was only luck to walk away. I wrote off a couple before I was 20 & looking back now realize what an idiot I was at the time. These days the police cant take these kids for a drive 20 miles out of town & let them walk home after a good flogging. The dogooders would be up in arms.
The best they can do now is take the toy from the naughty child before they kill some one with it.
If some one wants to cry that they are being targeted, I ask what did they do to get the attention in the first place?
I like the idea of letting members of the public pay say $20 to get to push the button to crush the hoons car !!
Old 13-10-2012
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by valpacer View Post
Well CAELBLUE1, how little you know about how this law is currently applied.

Have you ever chirped a tyre over a speedbump? Or had tyre noise in a concrete carpark when turning? Yep, thats a hoon offense.

Ever had your fully complianced and blue plated modified vehicle pulled over and had the officer 'believe' its modified more than the plate and then book you for every modification? You have to have the car re-inspected at your cost, go to court and present the documents, and get transport to inspect. And guess what, its still a hoon offense even if it passes the inspection.
Please be aware that Hooning is distinct and quite different to the 'repeat offender' legislation. Presently the govt media release is discussing hooning. Hooning does not involve chirping your tyres over a speedbump, UNLESS there is smoke created. It does not invole taking a corner to fast and having the tyres squeal, UNLESS there is smoke created. (there will be changes to the process of 'repeat offender' legislation, but that is yet to be announced)

I am not about to defend stupid police officers, overstepping/misinterpreting the laws for there own naive benefit, BUT hooning is distinct in law from alot of the other matters discussed in this thread.

Btw, you do not get your car impounded under Hooning laws for a loud stereo.

As for having to defend allegations made against you at your own cost (as per Valpacer's post)....WELCOME TO THE WESTMINSTER JUSTICE SYSTEM.

It is certainly not a new thing. I for one, would at my own cost and time, challenge said fine, and then seek costs....
Old 13-10-2012
CrawlerStar

Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts

burn out, for a motor vehicle, means wilfully drive the motor
vehicle in a way that causes the tyres or a substance poured
onto the road surface, or both, to smoke when the drive wheels
lose traction with the road surface.

69A Meaning of type 1 and type 2 vehicle related offences
(1) A type 1 vehicle related offence means any of the following
offences committed in circumstances that involve a speed
trial, a race between motor vehicles, or a burn out—
[s 69A]
Police Powers and Responsibilities Act 2000
Chapter 4 Motor vehicle impounding powers for prescribed offences and motorbike noise
direction offences
Part 1 Preliminary
Reprint 8F effective 17 September 2012 Page 101
(a) an offence against the Criminal Code, section 328A
committed on a road or in a public place;
(b) an offence against the Road Use Management Act,
section 83;
(c) an offence against the Road Use Management Act,
section 85;
(d) an offence against the Road Use Management Act
involving wilfully starting a motor vehicle, or driving a
motor vehicle, in a way that makes unnecessary noise or
smoke.

I have not included the Type 2 offences as they are 'repeat offender' matters and are not 'hooning' offences.
Old 13-10-2012
CrawlerStar

Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts

This video saids it all

http://youtu.be/Tl3F2MWGhrw

Von Dep
Old 13-10-2012
RubiconSlammer

Liked 243 Times in 129 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Depner View Post
This video saids it all

http://youtu.be/Tl3F2MWGhrw
Says what?

Close Willowbank, powercruise, ban all motor vehicle activities on private properties? Or is that collateral damage from the idiots breaking the law on the street.

Really, a video from two certified rocket scientists on the radio? Im sure you can do better than that.

CAELBLUE1, im not going to engage you any further on this, with your current or past associations in the area its not worth becoming a target again.
Old 13-10-2012
CrawlerStar

Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts

Its the idiots that do it on the road that im talking about. I used to race motorcycles in the 1970,s I still speed but i do it on lonely roads and when i think its safe. Im not saying we should not enjoy our vehicles or bikes but its the fools that do it it town or in car parks that stuff it for the rest of us. If you need to prove how big your ego is to your mates do it on the track or off road on tracks that are legal not the road.

Von Dep
Old 13-10-2012
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Great video!!! Ill admit i love burnouts......but there is a time and place for everything
Post New Thread  Reply