Glasshouse Mountains Closed???? - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > RumourMil
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-08-2012
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

Here is website link to the new lease owners of the pine forest and their outline of where you can and cannot drive.

Permit requirements

PDF with specific guide lines to 4wds
Old 04-08-2012
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 809 Times in 466 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

What a crock of sh!t. According to that you are only allowed on formed and graded roads...

No access to fire trails or 'steep and or rough terrain' tracks

How exciting. Lets hope 4WD QLD are successful in talks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wdqld
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Date: 3rd August 2012
4WD ACCESS TO HQ PLANTATIONS LEASEHOLD FORESTRY ESTATE

4WD Qld is currently undertaking negotiations and discussions with HQ Plantations as a means to more adequately manage access into their leasehold forestry estate.
4WD Qld respectfully requests that its member clubs for the interim stay away from all HQ Plantations areas unless they have followed the HQ Plantations requirements and guidelines surrounding Group Activity Permits.
For more information on HQ Plantations permits and 4WD access, please go to the below link.
http://www.hqplantations.com.au/recreation.html

Four Wheel Drive Queensland (4WD Qld) was formed in 1976 when members from various four wheel drive clubs across the State got together in an effort to unite the voice of four wheel drivers in promoting recreational four wheel driving.
Main areas of focus for 4WD Qld include driver training, recreational access to land, environmental education, sustainable land management strategies, involvement in community consultation, public liability insurance for clubs and comprehensive 4WD insurance for club members.
-End-
What I dont understand though is what these guys have to do with the power lines track area. There is no plantation forests around there, its all just normal state forest that this mob have somehow got control of - what the hell did Anna Bligh actually give away?

2010 JK, then a 2015 KL Trailhawk, now a 2017 GC Trailhawk!

Over 5000 Club

Last edited by SeaComms; 04-08-2012 at 10:28 AM.
Old 04-08-2012
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 809 Times in 466 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Holy cr@p! Was doing some hunting and found out just how much of QLD these PITA's have been given management over. In other words this is not just a Glasshouse Mountains issue, this is pretty much a QLD wide issue...

Here is a link to their page which links to the maps of each area EDIT - dont worry about looking at the link for maps - conveniently none of their links to the individual area work..

2010 JK, then a 2015 KL Trailhawk, now a 2017 GC Trailhawk!

Over 5000 Club

Last edited by SeaComms; 04-08-2012 at 10:35 AM.
Old 04-08-2012
AJOR Gold

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Nothing new here

the powerlines track and 50m either side have technically been illegal to drive on for over 10 years -

As for the rest of glasshouse mtns - it's still legal to drive on formed marked roads
but only in dry weather but most of the tracks we love are not under this criteria!!

A major issue is the increased number of users due to the recent shutdowns of mt mee- Ripleys at ipswich, logan and spring mountain areas - Add to that the exposure on 4wd action dvd. adding to this the record rainfall that has fallen over the past years in that area (over 1000mm fell in 3 days during the recent brisbane floods ), the roads are in the worst condition possible at the moment that makes it an easy target for enviro groups to call 4wd's and trail bikes out for the damage
but most of the track damage has been caused by excessive rainfall and there's not much you can do about it !! I've been going up there for over 20 years and have seen similar damage after very wet years.

The police crackdown was targeting unregistered bikes due to a recent head on crash in march on the beerwah woodford road - and 4wd's will be caught in the crossfire

I just hope some common sense prevails and they can keep the place open
Old 04-08-2012
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 67 Times in 40 Posts

So were else can I go? Is there any decent day trips with moderate to difficult on the northside that anybody knows off

2013 commando green JKU
Formally Commando Thunder
" Live everyday like its your last "
Old 04-08-2012

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You could make some money if you owned a decent 4x4 park within an hour of Brisbane.
Old 04-08-2012
AJOR Gold

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black thunder View Post
So were else can I go? Is there any decent day trips with moderate to difficult on the northside that anybody knows off
if you are prepared to drive another hr north Amamoor state forest area has some very similar tracks to glasshouse starting in the hills opposite the cedar grove camping area