Shock advice needed. - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-01-2022
Irok Bandit

What Jeep do I drive?: JT
Liked 1,190 Times in 789 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

PS
Kings make OME springs for them (OME spec of course)
Old 11-01-2022
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 127 Times in 96 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarky View Post
To me the problem isn't so much the strut but the spring. The King Springs I had were way to firm imo. Lovells strut springs ride so much better and I think the Lovells and OME N219S strut combo would work well. Had the OME N188S with kings and don't rate them at all.

Still I cant fault my Lovells strut spring combo.
I would be stoked if I can get the Lovells stuff, but they are still NLA on the shocks.

As for the King springs, did you have the standard raised ones or the constant load/bull bar combo?

I have the standard raised, and I think I will opt for the H/D OME shocks to go with it. N219s f and N220r
Old 11-01-2022
Irok Bandit

What Jeep do I drive?: JT
Liked 1,190 Times in 789 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertodonnell View Post

As for the King springs, did you have the standard raised ones or the constant load/bull bar combo?

I have the standard raised, and I think I will opt for the H/D OME shocks to go with it. N219s f and N220r
H/D Murchison Spec for B/Bar and winch. Rear I swapped out to OME non-HD as the Murchison/Kings HD were like a rock and had very little flex for my setup (1 draw and 40L fridge), probably fine if you constantly carried max GVM.

It's a pain the struts are unavailable but you can still get Lovells springs from https://www.superspares.com.au/ or their eBay store https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/15288818...UAAOSwFURglKnP

P/N for front is CFR-104 or CFR-104HD. Rears are CRR-114 or CRR-114HD
Old 12-01-2022
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 826 Times in 464 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertodonnell View Post
Hey BJM,

I just called ARB to chat about the shocks. It seems the kit includes their standard shocks, but there is a H/D shock available for front and rear.

You don't know what you have in yours, do you?
Have the HD OME shocks on the rear and the std OME 2 inch strut on the front.like Clarkythink the OME front springs too hard .plus rebound damping bad.Put up with them for 9 years ,on the second set. Just realised how bad they are on a corrugated road on the weekend
Old 12-01-2022
Full Flexer

Thanks guys.

I think I need to do this with more science involved. I am going to call King today and find out what spring rates are in the coils I have. Then I will call Lovells and see what their rates are. While I am talking with Lovells I will see if there is a chance they will produce the struts again, it seems we have a few people wanting them.

I might also call OME and see if they will give me the bump and rebound specs on their shocks.

Or...buy a Prado...
Old 12-01-2022
Full Flexer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farwest View Post
Now thats takin things to the extreme !!!!
Haha will never happen.

I just want my Jeep to be comfy to ride in!
Old 12-01-2022
Full Flexer

Well, I have called King and Lovells today and got spring rate data. This will confuse you all (it did me).

Lovells Standard raised

CFR-104 (f) 570 lbs/in
CFR-105 (r) 260 lbs/in

King Standard raised

KJFR-29 (f) 530 lbs/in
KJRR30 (r) 210 lbs/in

So the Lovells springs are 7.5% stiffer in the front, and 26% stiffer in the rear!
Post New Thread  Reply