Does anyone have an overland yet? - Page 6 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 15-06-2011
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
Yep, if it's any consolation the rears will fit!

I was forced to get Aussie thief dealer mats for my WH.... as the ones available from Just for Jeeps etc were all for LHD.

LHD were cheap, around $50. I got stung $200 from memory.
I was studying them last night, think with some help and plastic welder I can mod them to fit. Got nothing to loose cant send them back.

Will see when I get my jeep
Old 16-06-2011
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Will be very interested in one when the diesel comes out and see how it performs...time to trade the JK in.
Old 16-06-2011
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

picked up the overland today

has the same wood as pictured in this thread

has no sill plates, so the painted sill will scratch easily

just ordered a set from the us $140 well spent

it came fitted with splash gaurds and floor mats already included and a full tank of fuel.
Old 16-06-2011
CrawlerStar

Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts

Anyone with a dealer fitted tow bar?
Any photos?

The one shown in the accessories catalog is of a different model, not the same bumper.
Old 17-06-2011
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default My new toy

I have had it for a couple of weeks now, and done 1,000km. I'm getting 16l per 100 around town, which is reasonable.

It is a formidable vehicle, and so far has lived up to all expectations. We are still trying to work out all of the electronics, neither of us are all that tech savvy, but we will get there.

Notice the colour coded bike and camper trailer.

We had the tow bar and side steps put on in the dealership.

As yet I have n ot been allowed to take it off the bitumen, but this weekend may be the one. Son in law 2 is coming down in his fugly truck and we may head bush just to see what it can do.

For amusement at the lights, I like to adjust the ride height, and see what reactions I get.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P6170006.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	48322   Click image for larger version

Name:	P6170007.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	48323   Click image for larger version

Name:	P6170008.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	48324   Click image for larger version

Name:	P6170009.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	48325   Click image for larger version

Name:	P6170010.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	48326  

Old 17-06-2011
Jeep Test Driver

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Freddie View Post
I have had Mine for about a week - I have an Overland. Managed to pick up a Charcoal one form the local dealer. They were bringing it in as a demo model. They did not get to use it as a demo. They have a base model Cherokee in at the moment - the really dark blue one - looks rather nice. I had chrome side steps and a tow bar fitted to mine. The tow bar is a bolt on, but the tongue is removable. One day I will learn how to use all of the electronics.

Nice Pics Blind Freddie and I'm glad the towbar looks Good not like an after thought like on some cars. Hopefully they'll fit the same on mine.

Although that looks very much like a Mineral Grey Overland and not the charcoal....hmmmm

This is charcoal

Old 17-06-2011
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i can buy the genuine tow bar kit for $565 from spare parts and takes an hour to fit

or they charge $320 to fit it

dealer wanted $400 for sill plates, bought from us for $80
Post New Thread  Reply