Just listed the WH....... - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 23-12-2014
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 261 Times in 159 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
Unfortunately yes, I think you are asking too much. As a guide RED BOOK lists $17,900 for 200,000km & $20,800 for 120,000km. And again unfortunately you wont get back even half of all the money you spent on upgrades. Just how it is. Also being over 200,000km scares people off especially being a potentially costly to repair/maintain Diesel.
http://www.redbook.com.au/cars/resea...&Ridx=2&eapi=2
Actually Dave, I did print off a Redbook valuation certificate on the 1st November, and based on my year, factory extras and 205,000 Klm's.
The figure for private sale in very good condition is $23,000.00.

Cheers, Craig
Old 23-12-2014
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Craig I had my jaguar XJR6 up for sale on carsales for a year also had thousands of lookers /tyre kickers and a few bookmarked as well it had 247,000 k,s on the clock and a history file 3 inch's thick that I spent on it

I even had a guy come look at it mess me around then heard back from him 4 months later that he had bought a cheaper one and if I still had the original diff from my car and that he would like to buy it I said I had the diff but it was not for sale it was going with the car to whoever purchased the car he now has a $3500 bill to look forward to LOL

Then 1 week before the add was about to expire I got a guy from Tasmania make me an offer which I refused he came back with another which I was happy with he paid me in full online within the next couple weeks
Then the strangest thing he couldn't pick up the car he has to be near hospital as he is recovering from an operation so I will be delivering it to Tasmania in 2 weeks and will have a holiday at the same time go figure hey

Moral of the storey stick to your guns its worth what its worth just need to get to the right guy or gal
This time of the year its hard to sell anything after Christmas things pick up and 200.000 k,s for a MB OM642 engine is just run in mines got over 300,000 now going great
May I suggest a word of caution here. Some of this sounds like a scam. If for some reason there is another excuse, and he can't meet you, just be careful. If the money is in your account, then hopefully OK, but if they paid by card or paypal, then take care. You'll not lose the car, but they may then make another request to get you to pay some transfer fee. That's where you'll get stung.
Here's one of a thousand variations:
http://www.police.wa.gov.au/Crimetyp...8/Default.aspx

But hey, if you do end up seeing him face-to-face, and the money was T/T'd to an existing Aust Bank account that you already had, all should be good. Just take care.
Old 24-12-2014
CrawlerStar

Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts

I'd keep it there's nothing out there better.

I think it's worth every cent.

But a mate of my sons just bought a '06 65th with 2" lift, Cooper st's, ARB bar,lights, uhf, it has towed a caravan and has all the towing gear with about the same k's for $17,500 from a dealer.

It's not as good as yours by any means but that's the competition that's out there.

"Such Is Life"

Last edited by drj33p; 24-12-2014 at 12:57 PM.
Old 24-12-2014
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: ZJ
Liked 31 Times in 24 Posts

I would also leave it if your happy with the price. I just managed to sell my ZG for above market price within 3 days. It all comes down to presenting it well, having a good Jeep and striking a keen buyer. I think you have the first 2 right now you just need to find a buyer.
Old 28-12-2014
CrawlerStar

Liked 53 Times in 38 Posts

Mate what did they offer you trade in on the new one?? Us WH guys have really suffered from the WK2 being so cheap, you can get a second hand one for under $30000 at the moment.
Old 29-12-2014
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 261 Times in 159 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonjeep View Post
Mate what did they offer you trade in on the new one?? Us WH guys have really suffered from the WK2 being so cheap, you can get a second hand one for under $30000 at the moment.
Hi wilsonjeep,
To be honest, I didn't get a trade in price, as at that stage, I was considering keeping the WH.
I did see a WH on the lot at the dealership for $25K.

Cheers, Craig
Old 03-01-2015
CrawlerStar

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I am about to put mine on the market as well. 2005 MY06 Lift, bash plate, uhf, GDE tune, DVDs, reverse camera, cargo barrier, 31 ats, alloy bar 130000km second owner full service history. Don't know how much to put on it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD