Do you drink and drive? - Page 5 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > Off Topic Chitchat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

View Poll Results: Do you drink and drive?
Yes 9 10.71%
No 40 47.62%
If I've had a couple 27 32.14%
I don't drink 8 9.52%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-08-2007
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 12 Times in 4 Posts

I got pulled over about 8yrs ago after I had just left a pub in a small country town, extremely nice senior sargent stood and talked to me for 20mins or so before I blew in the bag, blew well over the limit and was told to go immediately home that was the last time i touched a drink if i was going to be driving on a road at all. scary thing was i didn't feel that affected by it at all
Old 10-08-2007
AJOR Gold

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Country towns are the worst for it. I've stayed in a few bush pubs, and at closing everyone jumps in their ute and drives home pissed. As far as they're concerned there's no other choice, there's no cabs and they can't drive home. And they know the one town cop is probably in bed by now.

I was impressed with the pubs in Inverlock, they've got a bus that you can call from home that will come and pick you up for free, and when you want to go home, just wander up to the bar and they'll take you home, again for free.
Old 10-08-2007
Rock Munki

What Jeep do I drive?: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Country towns are the worst for it. I've stayed in a few bush pubs, and at closing everyone jumps in their ute and drives home pissed. As far as they're concerned there's no other choice, there's no cabs and they can't drive home. And they know the one town cop is probably in bed by now.

I was impressed with the pubs in Inverlock, they've got a bus that you can call from home that will come and pick you up for free, and when you want to go home, just wander up to the bar and they'll take you home, again for free.
yeah, my brothers girlfriend live over there, she is tha manager to the tsnami cafe bar thing and my bro loves going over there cause of the buses lol. curtesy buses are a great idea.
Old 10-08-2007
RIP 1.12.07

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeps View Post
I havn't had a sip of alcohol since my wedding, about a year and a half ago. Must be something to do with the fact i've discovered i'm a celiac and am allergic to beer
You poor poor man Jeeps, How do you find the motivation to get up each and evry day and continue!

Beer is a significant part of my life. Wont drive after more than 2 (ish) unless its around my own block!

Thats how i found out the depth of my dam, would never have driven in there at 2am sober! (was only @ 18inches deep at the time)

Last edited by Cj's TJ; 10-08-2007 at 01:35 PM.
Old 12-08-2007
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Im padentic about drink driving. Will have a light every hour, thats it, if Im driving, otherwise it's buses and taxis all the way. I hate scabbing lifts, really do.

"CANYONERO"
Old 12-08-2007
Ive been here for a while

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 29 Times in 15 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I got pulled over by an RBT tonight..
pity I wasnt drinking,., would of been interesting to see what would come of it.

use to do it all the time when I was young and dumb,., now I have too much respect for other peoples lives to even consider it after even 1 drink.
nearly come close a few times in my youth.. and often found mmy way to places I didnt even know existed. but as said in a previous post.. I was in a country town.. so it was pretty much the norm.( this doesnt mean I think its OK btw)

Last edited by H.G.; 12-08-2007 at 08:51 PM.
Old 13-08-2007
AJOR Gold

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Nope, never drank and drove, but I reckon in my younger days, there were a couple of times where i was over the next morning. Home at 5:30 - 6am and driving by 10am the same morning after minimal sleep. That is a real danger.

The only time I can recall driving a vehicle with a significant amount of alky in the system was at Cruiser Park once when the missus needed to visit the bathroom and I was the best out of a bad bunch. Private Property and all but still wasn't happy about it.

JEEPS - not the end of the world being a celiac (Sp), wine is acceptable I think, but the best thing is knowing you have it. Explains a lot. Ex girlfriend had it and once she knew what she could eat, it improved her quality of life. I improved it more by leaving her !!! haha

Is jeepless.

Now has a Prado and thinks no one will talk to him now :p
Post New Thread  Reply