Navigation Beeps (I think) and Cruise Control - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-04-2014

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2

This has been linked to a warning setting you have with the Nav. I thought there was a school zone or similar one, but I can’t see it in my screens shots of the current (14.05.3) and last version (13.51.1) of Uconnect.
What version of Uconnect are you on?

Re Cruise Control, it should turn on below 40km/h but of course not set (Resume from 20km/h). There is a service bulletin for cruise control to fix another issue, but it may help with your problem too.
See the details here - http://www.wk2jeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk2_1801914.pdf

Is this the problem you are getting? (video shot while stationary, but replicates what happens while driving)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrZ2fmPuTXA
Old 09-04-2014
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You Sir, are a scholar and gentleman....

Knowing where to start - I went for a drive, yes there are two beeps for lots of things (who'd have guessed the same for everything and that there wouldnt just be a legend of warning noises in the manual to easily look up the noises intentionally made by a vehicle?)

Anyway -
1. two beeps approx 1km before speed camera and again at approx 100m before the same camera
2. two beeps to denote a school crossing approach and another two beeps nearer to them

So much easier to find the source when you have a starting point! Thanks Mr Snuke!

Re the cruise control: It seems to have righted itself for now - being so close to Easter I think I'll wait to have it flashed when the mechanic's heads arent thinking ahead to being on a river/beach somewhere.

Thanks for your help all.
Old 27-12-2014
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Navigation beeps

I have a grand Cherokee summit 2014 and the navigation system is driving me nuts. I keep getting beeps from it for safety cameras and it just beeps whenever so I do not know what it is warning me about. It would be great if different tone beeps could be available for different things . I have a tom tom gps that cost me $300 and it has different to tones for beeps, will say the street names correctly. Does anyone know if there is an upgrade to jeep navigation , as the dealers seem to have no idea on what or how to fix it thx
Old 05-01-2015
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Recent Radio Update Causes Random Beeps

Had a recent service with a so called Radio Update on my Grand Cherokee 2014 Overland. Following this I got beeps at random places along the road. The only cure was to stop the nice lady that announces the speed limit etc (these are out of date anyway and I use a Garmin Nuvi). To do this go to Navigation; Settings; Guidance and uncheck Voice Guided Prompts.
This is an obvious bug in the update.
Old 05-01-2015
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yes you're right

I let the beeps continue as I use the mapping but it is definitely outdated... school crossings from side roads,cameras where there are none etc.... the list goes on but - still a lot of car for the money and I enjoy driving it (I had a 6 litre calais before which went very well but this one is grunt applied differently!!!)
Old 05-01-2015
Established Member

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts

Talking about navigation. My jeep nav takes me whatever way is shortest even if it is an offroad track, not that i mind going offroad but would be nice if it just took me on the blacktop like I wanted . Is this a settings thing? if so how do I adjust this?
Old 05-01-2015
I just registered

Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeant View Post
Yes you're right

I let the beeps continue as I use the mapping but it is definitely outdated... school crossings from side roads,cameras where there are none etc.... the list goes on but - still a lot of car for the money and I enjoy driving it (I had a 6 litre calais before which went very well but this one is grunt applied differently!!!)
I think you will find that they use the little camera icon to not only warn you of the fixed cameras, but also when it warns you that the speed limit has dropped down from the previous higher limit.

I just had the update done and wondered why it was beeping more than usual. They now warn you when there is a drop in the speed limit.
Post New Thread  Reply