Safety Recall N23 for WH anyone had it done yet? - Page 81 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-08-2014
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 261 Times in 159 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjm View Post
Had the NCAT mediation hearing in Grafton yesterday.Jeep technical rep even turned up this time.!!!About two hours of talk most of which I cannot mention.He stated that the July, 10th-29th update is working and FC had not heard of any failures.Yet!!!! Suffice to say it looks like another trip to the dealer.If anybody has had the new update and it has failed email me.ASAP lizbaz10@gmail.com with the details and I will pass them on..
Hey bjm, have you checked out the US Jeep forum. I am sure that there has been a few done over there.http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/n...l#post24827874
A couple of positives and a negative.....even a report of better mpg.

Thanks for keeping us informed and let us know if you decide to take the plunge.

Cheers, Craig
Old 12-08-2014
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 843 Times in 471 Posts

I have been checking the Jeep forum.Seems about three guys ,have had failures .It also seems that the updates have to be done to the letter,the July29th update seems to confirm that some dealers may be short cutting update procedures. Ozjeepster told me he has done around four so far ,no reports of failures.As we all know this problem can take days weeks to occur again.I am pretty cynical of this new update working however Jeep are now taking my complaint seriously which was lacking before.!!!
Old 12-08-2014
Irok Bandit

What Jeep do I drive?: JT
Liked 1,190 Times in 789 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Its the old Elephant in the room thing, C/F new they had a problem but no cure so they deny or say they where un-aware of the issue.

Then suddenly (if you call a year & a half sudden) there is an update for the rare occurrence where the N23 update caused an issue

Call me cynical but the elephant just farted
Old 12-08-2014
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 843 Times in 471 Posts

I took everything the Jeep tech said with a grain of salt.However he has to sign a statement in front of the Tribunal judge about what he -FC are going to do.Not what they might do.I am bloody cynical about this also, however now that Ozjeepster reckons update seems to be working I will give it a go.with quite a few conditions written in .However I did state I wanted an uncorrupted secondhand or new pre N 23 FDCM also. He is meant to ring back today.Because of legal reasons I cannot say much more however in the 2 hours of talk their was plenty said. I will ask him if I can give out his email and/or phone number so others can contact him.
Old 12-08-2014
Full Flexer

Liked 79 Times in 57 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjm View Post
Had the NCAT mediation hearing in Grafton yesterday.Jeep technical rep even turned up this time.!!!About two hours of talk most of which I cannot mention.He stated that the July, 10th-29th update is working and FC had not heard of any failures.Yet!!!! Suffice to say it looks like another trip to the dealer.If anybody has had the new update and it has failed email me.ASAP lizbaz10@gmail.com with the details and I will pass them on..
Funny how they silence you on the details going public..Good old non-disclosure trick
Old 12-08-2014
Established Member

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Had my WH CRD done in Brisbane again for about the 5th time a couple of weeks ago. They called me in and I thought that I was getting a new transfer case actuator but the service manager said that they had replaced a few with a new actuator and it still didn't work. They then did the software upgrade again, this time with the latest update and that appears to be OK, fingers crossed, I keep trying it every week as I am heading off out bush in 2 weeks and would like to know that low range is working.

Cheers
Dave
Old 13-08-2014
Senior Newbie

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I am going to the Jeep dealer on Friday for the latest FDCM fix.
I hope that they do it correctly. I have printed out the revised bulletin so that they can see exactly what has to be done.
Regards Chris
Post New Thread  Reply