Rear track bar after 4" lift - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > TJ Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-02-2013
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Rear track bar after 4" lift

Hi guys/gals.

I've recently bought and started installing a skyjacker 4" lift kit in my gf's 2000 tj. I've come to a point of installing g the rear track bar relocation bracket and things just don't seem right. I can't work out if this bracket is right for this car or if I'm doing it all wrong but can't work out how it all goes together.

Has anybody got any experience with this? Am I better off just getting an adjustable rear track bar? I'm looking at getting adjustable rear ucas and lcas anyway so ill need rear shock mount relocations aswell

Thanks for any help
Kyle

Old 05-02-2013
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ

try the chassis end, mine has three holes at the top though.
Old 05-02-2013
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Onlock that bracket looks like it came from the states for a LHD TJ. Maybe hit wooders up for a RHD bracket. I am certain they are different but its been awhile since I did mine. It definately looks different but see if the bolt holes fit the chassis end.

Also I bought some bolt on shock relocation brackets 6 months ago but before even installing them plans changed and I haven't used them. They are brand new in the box never fitted. Let me know if you want them. $40 plus postage (registered) if you do. Just been too lazy to put an ad up. All the best with the build.
Old 05-02-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 26 Times in 16 Posts

Repeat after me.....LHD......
Old 10-02-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 82 Times in 69 Posts

The Australian TJ`s rear track bar bracket is changed at the chassis end, not the diff end. My bracket is an Old Man Emu part & it modifies the chassis mount. The rear track bar on mine will soon be removed as I`m fitting a triangulated 4 link in the rear.
cheers,
Rick
Old 11-02-2013
Time to tinker

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 448 Times in 233 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by low ranger View Post
The Australian TJ`s rear track bar bracket is changed at the chassis end, not the diff end.
Rick
Sorry mate but both the diff & chassis mounts are different LHD/RHD.
her's an image of that LHD bracket fitted to a LHD bracket & see if you can tell me the difference
Old 12-02-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 82 Times in 69 Posts

hmmmm. I think you might have mis-undertood what I was trying to say Woody, I meant to say that the end of the track bar that has the drop bracket fitted to is different on the Oz TJ`s. The RHD model has the drop bracket fitted to the chassis end & the LHD model has the new bracket fitted to the diff end. Am I right? Why do the LH & RH model rear track bar run across the car from opposite sides? It makes the RHD model a bit twitchy on bumpy roads, particularly with a decent lift & A Detroit Locker in the rear...
Post New Thread  Reply