SatNav problem - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-05-2018
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 158 Times in 112 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Well, well, surprise, shock, amazement!

Mt SatNav must have decided I was back home because it would only let me enter addresses in Victoria - a change from Queensland at least.

I got a call from the service people to tell me the update was available and to drop in and get it done.

I called them to say I'll be there at 10:30 or so.

I arrived at 11:00 - I had a 1:30 appointment somewhere else so I figured that would leave enough time.

They started the update and it finally finished - at 1:15... So much for a 20 minute process.

Made it to the appointment by 10 seconds.

The update seems to have actually worked. I am in Melbourne and I can enter addresses is NSW and QLD.

The screen layout has changed. Note the new centre bottom icon - Apps. I have attached some photos.

Main Screen:

Settings:

Versions:

The down side? There is always a downside...

1. The seat memory does not seem to work.

2. I can't link the remote to the seat settings - possibly because of 1.

3. Entry/Exit Assist no longer works.

Oh, well, back to the dealer!

Cheers
Numb Thumbs
Old 13-05-2018
Full Flexer

Check out my Ride(s)

Oh, dear, I spoke - or was that typed? - too soon.

My SatNav has reverted to Victoria only and all the other things to do with seat position still don't work. Back to Jeep on Monday.

Cheers
Numb Thumbs ;(
Old 13-05-2018
CrawlerStar

Liked 111 Times in 73 Posts

Battery disconnect with a link between the positive and negative? Has been known to fix many bizarre problems.
Cheers, Steve
Old 13-05-2018
Full Flexer

Check out my Ride(s)

Hmmm.. Sort of a hard reset, huh?

Cheers
Numb Thumbs
Old 16-05-2018
Full Flexer

Check out my Ride(s)

Well, it just gets more interesting...

I was playing with the SatNav and thought, why not enter a different country?

I entered "N" and it listed Namibia so I gave it a try. It has a full street database. Did not expect that! Of course, it gave up trying to work out a route from Melbourne to Swarkopmund, but that seemed reasonable.

I tried a couple of other countries and it had street databases for them, too.

Then I entered Australia and, low and behold, it asked what state. So I entered Queensland and I could then search town and street for Queensland. Same with all the other states and territories.

So what I needed to do was re-enter Australia, then the state I wanted, then the town, etc. Kind of the long way to get there, but I can get there.

Still no seat memories or easy entry/exit, etc., but I am off to the dealer to see if they can sort that out.

I also tried to check out how recent the maps for Australia are. The Map Database is CMCN4VP4ROW;V3, whatever the hell that means. I looked up Google Maps and found some streets on the far edges of some outer suburbs - assuming that they would be new estates - and it seemed to have most of them.

So, maybe 17.43.01 may have newer maps...

Cheers
Numb Thumbs
Old 16-05-2018
Full Flexer

Check out my Ride(s)

Just back from Northern Jeep.

I explained what was going on to the "Service Consultant" who scratched his head and said, "Let's talk to the foreman."

The foreman walked in and we had a chat. He said, "I'll just try something..."

He walked out to the car, started it up and moved the seat all the way back, all the way forward and all the way back again. Problem with seat memories gone, problem with easy entry/exit, gone. The computer needed to re-calibrate the seat range so it knew where the seat was.

So, if you get the new update to 17.43.01 and your seat position memories won't work, just move the seat all the way back, all the way forward and all the way back again.

Cheers
Numb Thumbs

PS And you will have to enter "Australia" and then the state/territory you want to go to, every time you want to enter somewhere not in the state you are in...
Old 05-11-2018
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

You’re certainly not alone in the strange satnav settings issues. After the S48 recall my whole Uconnect system was also locked up and they eventually did the disconnect battery hard reset procedure to reactivate it.

I have been in running discussions with local dealer and FCA for over 2 years re the 3 year old maps installed in my 2016 Overland at purchase, the dealer offered to install an update when released but as they are no longer dealers FCA will not do this even under warranty at another service centre.

After 6 years with Jeep I can’t ever buy another as FCA’s attitude towards customer service is just appalling, constant waits of over 6 weeks to get a service booking, charging huge prices on service, never fixing warranty repairs at first request but always doing paid service and insisting on rebooking for warranty work. Maybe we just live in an area with bad service centre but 2 dealers in 18 months letting the Jeep dealership go speaks volumes to me.
Post New Thread  Reply