How much lift to fit 35"s on a 4 door rubi? - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 13-12-2007
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default How much lift to fit 35"s on a 4 door rubi?

Hi guys.

So, looking to put a set of Cooper ST-Ts 35/12.5/R18 on my rubi. Ive got 1.5" wheel spacers on each side, now just need to know ho much to go for lift. Everyone suggests something like 4 inches, but isnt that overkill? I mean, its going to be sitting an extra 1.5" higher in the guard. 2 places have suggested a 2" coil spacer lift would be fine for the job (plus its alot cheaper, as im on a budget with the lift)

Opinions on the coil spacers 2" ?
Old 13-12-2007
RubiconSlammer

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Your main concern will be extending the BumpStops mate. No matter what the lift height the wheels can still travel just as far into the guards and thus rub. It might take a little bit more weight to get them to travel up but it will happen especially offroad. I learnt this with my first fourby, the coil spacers made Zero differance offroad. Also, when you fit lift you'll want to do something to gain the downward travel you lose. Longer shocks are the best option but shock spacers will sometimes be alright. In doing this you might have other small implications but others should be able to shed more light on this.

Ben
Old 13-12-2007
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sethgun,

A 2 inch lift will do the job however you may experience some slight rubbing in situations such as full articulation and full lock.

The advantage of going only 2 inches higher is that you will maintain a low centre of gravity and with the spacer kit allow you to retain the factory ride quality. It will also lift your sills a further 2 inchs from the dirt.

It won't give you increased wheel travel though without fitting longer shocks.

I have a 2 inch spacer lift fitted to our project JK for testing at the moment and am very happy with it - I have also fitted longer shocks, extended rear links, swaybar double disconnects and brake line lowering brackets which has given a nice increase in wheel travel whilst maintaining the factory ride and keeping it very stable in the hilly stuff (especially after my 6 inch lifted Patrol)

I run 33's which don't rub at all, that is with stock rims too

PM me if you need anymore info regarding the spacer lift it.

Cheers,

Phil

http://ozadventure4x4.com.au/?q=node/16

Last edited by OzAdventure4x4; 13-12-2007 at 07:13 PM. Reason: typo fix
Old 13-12-2007
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Rosie,

The 2 inch spacer lifts come with extended bump stops so no need to worry about the up travel issues

Like you say longer shocks are the easiest way to gain down travel after the lift but will only work to an extent. After a certain point the arms will start to bind etc...

Phil

www.OzAdventure4x4.com.au
Old 13-12-2007
RubiconSlammer

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Ah ok, the bumpstops should sort it out then.
Old 17-12-2007
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

how will the standard unlim sport petrol model cope with 35"s and no change in ratio's?
Old 17-12-2007
Don't do it. I'm NUTS!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

It will be slow as a donkey. Fuel economy will also suffer dramatically.

For 35's you will need at least 4.11 ratios.