What have you done to your JK this week? 2.5M Views - Page 933 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 13-10-2013
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 97 Times in 31 Posts

Fitted my Sharpwrax back on the Jeep today after Steve sent me up the Sharpwrax light brackets and awning brackets for his roof racks, temporary wired up the 2 Ironman 4x led spot lights (wanted flood but they dont do them) so I could just plug a quick cable in with spade connectors and down to my Arkpak unit, tested it tonight to see how well its going to light up the rear, happy with the light output for setting a dark campsite.

These will be wired in properly once I settle on a front lightbar as I want to do all the wiring at the same time to switches in inside the jeep.

Sharpwrax light brackets are very nice and really compliment the rack and fix what would be a not so easy install on where to mount some rear or forward lights

Sorry about carappy photos taken outside with my phone

Off with just the streetlight

On

Red JKU, AEV Front & Rear Bar, AEV 2.5 XT Lift.
TJM Winch, Sharpwrax Super Spoiler.
Old 13-10-2013
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 186 Times in 124 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaComms View Post
Lol. Thats actually the after hehe. Next on the agenda is junction box of some sorts to tidy it up some more, but at least they are now not tangled and hanging off the clamp nuts!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 4
Whats a junction box? Is it a fuse box like this: http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=SZ2008 ? If so, where / how would you mount it and where would you put the relay for the lights? (I.e. I'm wondering this issue currently hehe)
Old 13-10-2013
Established Member

Liked 13 Times in 5 Posts

Installed a rear camera today
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4687.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	64825   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4688.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	64826   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4690.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	64827  

CRDJK
Old 13-10-2013
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 809 Times in 466 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMeat View Post
Whats a junction box? Is it a fuse box like this: http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=SZ2008 ? If so, where / how would you mount it and where would you put the relay for the lights? (I.e. I'm wondering this issue currently hehe)
That's an overkill compared to what was being discussed! But yes, that will work fine. All we were talking about was running one thick cable from the battery into a small box and bolting that to all the other cables inside the box,m just to make it all neater.

The fuse box is a better way. Though all mine are fused, the fuses are all over the place and vary from spade to glass etc. It would also make it much easier to identify which circuit is which. I sort of remember what each one is!!

2010 JK, then a 2015 KL Trailhawk, now a 2017 GC Trailhawk!

Over 5000 Club
Old 13-10-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 49 Times in 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMeat View Post
I've seen a thread where someone mounted it on the firewall behind the glovebox. There's plenty of room there and it's out of the way but easily accessible.
Old 14-10-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 186 Times in 124 Posts
Default What have you done to your JK this week?

Thanks for the info Seacomms & Grahame!

I'll eventually get around to finding a place for the above fuse box lol thinking of keeping the fuses under the bonnet, going from f/box to another box in the cabin and then from that box to switches... Have wired up the switches, just really can't be arsed to finish the job off haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahame View Post
I've seen a thread where someone mounted it on the firewall behind the glovebox. There's plenty of room there and it's out of the way but easily accessible.
From memory - that's the DIY sPod thread in AusJeep somewhere (maybe in technical?)
Old 14-10-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 113 Times in 66 Posts

that Jaycar box would be perfect.. you could even run a relay to power the box off your ignition source and another box off battery power..
Post New Thread  Reply