What have you done to your JK this week? 2.5M Views - Page 1270 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-12-2014
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 97 Times in 31 Posts

I just updated my build thread but thought id post this here also as lots of updates have been done.

AEV 2.5"lift was taken off and installed and the springs were changed out to new ones as recommended by Stu from Murchison products for a touring JK with also 4x4 parks kept in mind for when I wheel with thwe Brisbane Jeep Club. Also fitted the AEV front and rear bar and winch.

Fitted my Yakima Megawarrior back on the Sharpwrax rack and my Superpeg fox wing awning.

Next up was 33" Maxis Bighorns, certainly made the lift look better and gave it a nice stance.

Once that was all done we were ready for the first trip away to Fraser for a week.

Loaded up.

Sandy Cape

The JKU preformed as expected, it was much nicer to have more room, loaded up we managed 12.9 L per 100km from Brisbane to Inskip.

When we got back i cut down the original plastic guard of the front bumper and made it fit under the AEV one, it did a good job of tidying this area up and was cheaper the the AEV steel bash plate

Next put in the new Uniden UH8060NB UHF radio and moved the ariel of the front AEV hoop.

Red JKU, AEV Front & Rear Bar, AEV 2.5 XT Lift.
TJM Winch, Sharpwrax Super Spoiler.
Old 04-12-2014
So play on just play on

Liked 359 Times in 182 Posts

Did some little things. I didn't want the clamps for my roof basket to scratch my new rack so I got some glue lined heat shrink and covered the clamps with it, was a bit of a pain getting the bottom piece on as it goes a little way up the side of each 'U' and then a smaller piece covering the join and down each side. The glued filled stuff is great for this sort of thing as it is double walled and tough, I've even used it in multiple layers to cover the foot shifter on my motorbike.

Also grabbed a pic of my Thumper compressor, I cut the battery clamps off of it and put on an Anderson plug instead, and then put another Anderson plug on the tail of the clamps. Now I can plug it directly into the external power I have on the JK or connect it to the battery if preferred, I rather not work under a hot bonnet after a day of wheelin though hence the Anderson plug instead.

This thing is huge compared to my previous twin head compressor and wont fit in the storage under the floor in the boot Ah well, strap and stuff can go in there now.

Cheers
Steve
Old 04-12-2014
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 809 Times in 466 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

@Steve F
How do find the thumper compares to the twin you used to use? I am still using the twin and find it not too bad

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

2010 JK, then a 2015 KL Trailhawk, now a 2017 GC Trailhawk!

Over 5000 Club
Old 04-12-2014
So play on just play on

Liked 359 Times in 182 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaComms View Post
@Steve F
How do find the thumper compares to the twin you used to use? I am still using the twin and find it not too bad

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Haven't used it yet but will time it and the twin head on the weekend as I haven't used it on the JK either.

Cheers
Steve
Old 04-12-2014
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 404 Times in 293 Posts

Called up a dealer and got prices on 545rfe filters. $119 for both. Tried to tell me one is external. Can't get any information without a vin number which is a bit odd. Shame Amazon won't ship. $40 with sealant.
Old 04-12-2014
Full Flexer

Liked 49 Times in 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris0375 View Post
Called up a dealer and got prices on 545rfe filters. $119 for both. Tried to tell me one is external. Can't get any information without a vin number which is a bit odd. Shame Amazon won't ship. $40 with sealant.
Chris, have you heard of Australia Post Shop Mate? Basically Oz Post has got themselves a warehouse in the US so any thing bought online in the US can be sent there and on forwarded to you. They set it up because of the many complaints about vendors not shipping to Oz

https://shopmate.auspost.com.au/our-...shopmate-works
Old 04-12-2014
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 404 Times in 293 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahame View Post
Chris, have you heard of Australia Post Shop Mate? Basically Oz Post has got themselves a warehouse in the US so any thing bought online in the US can be sent there and on forwarded to you. They set it up because of the many complaints about vendors not shipping to Oz

https://shopmate.auspost.com.au/our-...shopmate-works
Yeah I have and I like the idea but it's an extra $25 fee on top of postage rates. I found a place in Sydney selling filters for a good price but they couldn't tell me the brand. Only that it is aftermarket, which is a bit worrying.