What have you done to your JK this week? 2.5M Views - Page 1508 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-12-2016
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 261 Times in 159 Posts
Default Wipe New

Did my flares and other plastic bits with Wipe New today.
This stuff is seriously awesome. Did the Grand as well.
My local Autobahn guy used it when it first came out and he highly recommends it.
And no, I don't have any association with the product.

Tips: Make sure that you wash the flares etc thoroughly.
Watch YouTube videos prior to using.

Cheers, Craig
Old 12-12-2016
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 111 Times in 81 Posts

Fixed up my DRL lights. Off:

On:

FYI I found switched power from unlabelled fuse M14.

Installed Rugged Ridge LCA skid plates. Front:

Rear:

The front was easy enough but it was an exercise in patience because it was a struggle to line up and keep picking up each of the 4 washers that go on each side. At least I discovered that the passenger LCA bolt on the frame side was dangerously loose.

The driver side rear skid was a 15 minute job but the passenger side needed a mallet and bfh to get on and after 40 minutes of hammering, I had to jack the wheel up to get the bolt hole on the arm and axle to line up.

Speaking of rear, I decided to test my luck in the festive season roadblocks by removing the rear bar corner pods:

Lukadatsaxyess!
Old 12-12-2016
Established Member

Liked 26 Times in 21 Posts

That 2nd last picture makes me think you should replace the bushing. Looks fairly worn.
Old 13-12-2016
Established Member

Liked 42 Times in 25 Posts

Went from a 1 3/4" spacer lift to 2" King Springs (thanks to forum member Fouros) with Fox Performance shocks (thanks to SBR Offroad for great price & shipping).
Went with DIY cutting board bump stop spacers of 40mm front and 24mm rear, initial testing seems OK but will assess and add/remove in 8mm increments where necessary.

Also very happy with the jerry can holder from MorRyde in the United States, that and their tailgate hinges/reinforcement are very well made.
Should also mention the front axles/unis got replaced after going in under warranty thinking only the inner seals were shot

Old 13-12-2016
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 584 Times in 369 Posts

IF you don't mind me asking, how much did the jerry can mount and rear door hinges cost shipped from the US, and who was the supplier?
Thanks.
Old 13-12-2016
Established Member

Liked 42 Times in 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeighP View Post
IF you don't mind me asking, how much did the jerry can mount and rear door hinges cost shipped from the US, and who was the supplier?
Thanks.
From memory the whole lot came to ~$1,100 but cost will vary as you'll probably need to use a freight forwarding service to get them here.
That included a hi-lift jack holder as well, note their tailgate solution is totally modular i.e. hinges/reinforcement/tire carrier can be used interchangeably with stock parts.
Also I think the AUD has weakened against USD since I bought them months ago which would increase the cost again.

The company who builds them is called MorRyde, I got the parts from their resellers Retrofit Offroad and ExtremeTerrain.
I did e-mail the guys at MorRyde (who were really helpful and even sent me a free t-shirt) about finding an Aussie reseller as I think their products would sell very well here.
Old 17-12-2016
Full Flexer

Liked 49 Times in 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRGC View Post
Installed teraflex rear cargo utility tray.

I've got the same rack and I'm pretty happy with it. Today I added some anchor track and tie downs that I got from Aldi. I secured them in place with some roll-in T-nuts and M6x10mm countersunk screws that I got off ebay (which was a lot cheaper than what Teraflex wants for them)

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/252195018...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/282054762...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

As you can see, I've also added carpet to the top of the deck. If you're going to add the tie downs I suggest you do any carpeting after installing the tie downs
Post New Thread  Reply