Tackled the second biggest project so far: replacing the engine mounts. It took 3 days mostly because I decided to attack it from the top and there were other "while we are here" things to to, like:
Replace water pump, as I was slowly (1L/ 2-3000km) losing coolant somewhere
Clean the intake manifold and do a swirl flap delete, which required taping the swirl flap spindle holes.
Cut the plug out of the swirl flap motor to make sure I have a good connection to the plug in the wiring loom, my initial fix was sometimes not making contact.
Replace the air filter box, as it had a broken tab and rattled around like crazy
Replace the stupid nuts for the air filter box with rivnuts
Re-do the power steering line, as the original crimps were tampered with and the rubber line was always moist and I suspected it was leaking at one of my previous welds for a new connector
The original engine mounts were ripped apart, the engine shifted backwards and it was noisy driving around and the whole car was shaky at idle. Now, when you start the engine you just feel one thump and it's running, almost zero vibration in the bodywork, a bit of vibration in the steering wheel though. It's unreal, it feels like a new car.
The engine mount bushings are available rather cheap (9 USD on amazon, each).
My biggest win of the operation was putting the mount support in the oven, heating it to 150 degrees celsius and the bushing slid in EASY. By the time I got to the garage the aluminum cooled to about 100 degrees celsius.