Trailer Plans. Any1 got them!!!! - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Fabrication and Custom
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 22-06-2006
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile Trailer Plans. Any1 got them!!!!

I am in the process of looking at building a trailer (also camoer top). So what I need is if anyone has any plans/drawings available for the construction of a 7 x 5 high sided trailer (4x4). Preferable with a swing out tailgate instead of drop down.
The camper top part is under control, the plans have been drawn up and most materials are ready to get the project underway. Only need to see if I can get a bed bow somewhere (other alternatives are planned if unable to). If all goes right then I can probably get this finished by end of the year.

If any1 can help with this it would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Old 22-06-2006
Yeah I bought another one

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 93 Times in 58 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I have plans fopr a military style "Jeep" trailer, its 6x4, PM me if you are interested.
1x Jeep trailers.
1x Empty Wallet.
Old 22-06-2006
AJOR Silver

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Trailer plans

I built a hard top,fold out camper last year. The plans for the chassis were loosly based on Gojeep's plans. I just made up the rest as I went along. Dont use trailer springs as they give too hard a ride, I used new Hilux ones ( cheap and plentiful if one is ever needed in the middle of nowhere!)
Old 28-06-2006
So play on just play on

Liked 359 Times in 182 Posts

I like what this guy is doing with the M416 trailer. I'm looking at building something similar from scratch and incorporating some of his ideas into it. I want a sort of classic army style but with some modern niceties like a lockable lid.

http://www.blackburnimagery.com/mos4...id=29&Itemid=2

Also checkout the links within the page to the flash gallery and other pictures. There's tons of stuff on his trailer but it's splattered all over the place.

Cheers
Steve
Old 28-06-2006
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 133 Times in 100 Posts

some pics of mine in this thread
http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...ad.php?t=59657
Old 28-06-2006
AJOR Gold

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

94limitedXJ Got a Axle beam here if you want it its 1210 outside to outside of spring plates also has backing plates for brakes Took it off my camper to fit wider axle as the tyres were just rubbing on the spring as the wheels had too much B/space and was cheaper to get axle than new tyres and rims Can come and check out my camper if you want What do you mean when you say you have to get a 'bed bow'?

Dont take life seriously Nobody gets out alive
Old 29-08-2006
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 1,110 Times in 691 Posts

I am in the process of rebuilding my trailer at the moment (rusty), replacing all the sheet work and the floor, new guards and all. I am fitting an oztrail 12ft camper top to it shortly so all this needs to be done very soon.
Mine is 1200mm wide which when fitted with falcon hubs and xj stock rims gives me an overall width of around 1750mm and the track is almost identical to the xj.
I am on the southside of Brisvegas as well if you wanna come and check it out with your tape measure.
Cheers, Junglejuice...

Do it once, Do it right!

2014 WK2 Overland
Post New Thread  Reply