Any feedback on 2012 WK2 20" rims? - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 29-08-2012

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Any feedback on 2012 WK2 20" rims?

Just about to receive my 2012 WK2, does anyone have any good/bad comments on the 20" rims usability offroad? This is my only concern with the vehicle at the moment

Cheers
Old 29-08-2012
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i like the look of the 20 inch but in real soft sand
you dont seem to have as much control as the steering seems a bit loose
i am thinking of have some 18inch for just offroad. not a great differance in
size but wont damage rims. only seem to have nittros in 20 inch size and cooper zeons slightly larger. i was quoted $520 each . if you go down to 18inch you can get other all terrains
Old 29-08-2012

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

thats what i was thinking, i would imagine theres not much room to deflate the tires for sand and the tyre walls would not offer much give on very rocky terrain

would a set of 18" wheels/tyres swap in and out with the 20"s quite easily? I do a bit of road driving so want want the 20"s and put on the 18"s for offroad/weekend trips
Old 30-08-2012
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up 20inch wheels good in sand

I had the same concern originally. But from experience I can say that they are not a problem in sand.
My wk2 is now only 3 months old and I've had it on the beach 3 times with the 20 inch rims. Tyres deflated to 20psi and in sand mode this vehicle was just fantastic. I've covered Moreton, Fraser, and Double Island Pt / Rainbow beach so far. The inland tracks on Fraser near Kingfisher Bay and Central station were really soft and dry but the tyres were no problem at all. We even snatched a few other vehicles out of trouble.

You don't want to be driving on the bitumen very far with the 20's deflated as you can really feel the steering bite, but even on the hard wet sand it is fine.
Old 30-08-2012

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

great update, makes me feel better, excellent news

what tires do you run, are they the OEM kumhos?
Old 30-08-2012
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5spiderG View Post
great update, makes me feel better, excellent news

what tires do you run, are they the OEM kumhos?
Yep, just the OEM's...
Post New Thread  Reply