Self help time for slow diesel fill problem - Page 12 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-01-2008
(O |||||||| O)

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I had heard bad things about Maddington from a coworker but since I live 10mins walk away I couldn't resist going there and I must say I am happy with the service.

Charged me what they said they would, done in a few hrs and happy with the way they sorted the few warranty things I had. Very happy to have my horn working again.

Last edited by Dave; 03-01-2008 at 09:34 PM.
Old 03-01-2008
(O |||||||| O)

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by micq View Post
Any chance of getting a number [code?] for the TSB ,my dealership doesnt seem to know about it yet .Salesman came with me to servo were they fill all the new cars [with no problems] today & it took him 12 minutes to put 68 litres in .He was going back to talk to the service dept. so will see what happens .
They didn't give me a code, this is what it said on my invoice:

Check and report vechile is hard to fill with diesel- keeps purging, check valve operation, carried out technical service bulletin as reported by JEEP motor company.

Happy to scan my invoice for you if it helps! They also did a recall "G40 compaign" whatever that is!
Old 03-01-2008
SwampDigger

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I had heard bad things about Maddington from a coworker but since I live 10mins walk away I couldn't resist going there and I must say I am happy with the service.

Charged me what they said they would, done in a few hrs and happy with the way they sorted the few warranty things I had. Very happy to have my horn working again.
yep. i had been to a bloke once over a few problems with my xj. he went over the vehicle, and came up with a list of stuff big enough to bankrupt jamie packer. thought iwould look for a second opinion and took it to maddington. they had a few minutes to spare and took it for a drive, put it on the hoist and came back with a much smaller list of faults and a rough idea of cost. most helpful and no charge. was enough to get me to go back for parts when i needed them (did servicing myself on old car). has also got them this wrap on this thread. i found them pretty straight good blokes.
Old 04-01-2008
RubiconSlammer

Liked 36 Times in 22 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
They didn't give me a code, this is what it said on my

They also did a recall "G40 compaign" whatever that is!
I'd be happy that they did that one!
NUMBER: RC-G40-07
GROUP: Recall
DATE: October 2007

SUBJECT:
Safety Recall G40 Reprogram Electronic Brake Control Module

MODEL:
2006 - 2007 (WK) Jeep® Grand Cherokee
(XK) Jeep® Commander
NOTE: This recall applies only to the above vehicles equipped with a model 245
two speed transfer case (sales code DHX).
2006 - 2007 (WK) Jeep® Grand Cherokee SRT8
2007 (KA) Dodge Nitro (4×4)
(JK) Jeep® Wrangler (4×4)

SUBJECT:
The software programmed into the Electronic Brake Control (EBC) module on about 296,000 of the above vehicles may allow a momentary delay in braking when coasting up a hill during certain conditions. This could increase the vehicle’s stopping distance and cause a crash without warning.
Old 12-01-2008
SwampDigger

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
I always fill up at the same United fuel station, strangely enough the last two times I have filled up there it has worked 100% no clicking off at all. Weird..
dave this is wierd. i filled up thursday and got almost a full rate. did notice that the fuel coming out of the nozzle was a pure liquid with no froth or foam. maybe that's why some people find different servos give different results. cooler temperature and maybe a full servo tank where it isn't pumped as hard to cause foaming. a few factors affecting fill time. but the filler system still needs to work under any conditions. strange i found a while ago that he hotter it got the slower the fill rate. maybe the higher temperatures cause higher foaming rate in fuel. anyway we have a fix for it now . valve fix or stevil fix. problem is solved one way or the other.
Old 19-01-2008
SwampDigger

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

slow filling problem solved. had the ARB, longranger tank fitted. problem solved , fill at full speed. has totally new filler neck, breather system and larger fuel filler hoses. awesome.
Old 19-01-2008
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

david - does the new tank work with hi-flo too? or just the normal pump??

Its 'funny' coz I have a sep 07 build and dont have this issue at all, once or twice its taken me a little longer than normal coz the pump kept shutting down due to the over flow mechanism, but I have had that in other cars too.

what build date is yours?