Mopar KK Lift Kit - Page 9 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KK Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 17-11-2011
AJOR Silver

What Jeep do I drive?: KK
Liked 110 Times in 80 Posts

Thanks again Vards. Didn't see any steel bullbars so wasn't that tempted. I've now got the numbers and will make some calls tomorrow.
Old 24-01-2012
AJOR Silver

Liked 110 Times in 80 Posts

I'll try to be brief with this off topic item: I've fitted some new tyres - Cooper AT3 245/70R16, I've previously had 2 sets of ATRs on other 4wds and they have been great and gone the distance. That series has been replaced with AT3 which are more aggressive and louder. Anyway they hold the road like shit on ya boots, but my fuel consumption has increased too.

Could be the slightly larger tyre diameter, but it's not any harder to drive gearing wise and the speedo is actually accurate now - so I'll suggest it's both the rolling resistance & diameter factors causing it.

Back on topic, the plus side is the slightly better clearance. I'm sure it felt higher from the drivers seat for the first few trips..

I was parked at Bunnings near the beast built by btalyor218 yesterday and found myself unable to resist loitering. Was blown away by how high and awesome it is! So now I've seen the CRD Stu kit in the flesh I'm going to get a quote and put some coin aside for a lift in the next few months.
Old 12-02-2012
Just Build it

What Jeep do I drive?: Brute
Liked 38 Times in 15 Posts

Just a little info for the folks at home.

Our lift utilises a front laser cut strut top plate that gains lift yet retains front end wheel travel. We believe this is critical on the KK's as we've found that when testing the Mopar Lift it was topping out in the front quite badly. Also the rear shocks are'nt as long as the ones we use.

We also come with a Lifetime Warranty on the coils against failure and / or sag for peace of mind

Enjoy you're KK's, they're awesome vehicles'!
111 Leitchs Rd
Brendale QLD
Old 14-03-2012
Full Flexer

Liked 26 Times in 21 Posts
Default Mopar lift kit manufacturer

Some info i've found from snooping around:

Manufacturer of the Mopar lift kit in Aus is Lovells, their web site can be found here:
http://www.lovellsauto.com.au

Information on their lift kits and spring manufacturing can be found on web site and/or catalogues. The lift kit part numbers(add 8220 in front to create Jeep part number) and prices can be found in their 4x4 lift kit catalogue:
http://www.lovellsauto.com.au/docs/c...suspkits11.pdf

If the above link goes dead select the lift kit catalogue under the catalogue menu.

Prices direct from Lovells:

Front Coil Springs- Raised (B) $94.50
Rear Coil Springs- Raised (B) $94.50
Front Gas Legend 36mm Shock STRUT $215.00
Rear Gas Legend 36mm Shock Absorber $188.00

SUSPENSION KIT $1,184.00

Cheers!

Vards
Old 05-04-2012
CrawlerStar

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts

Scuderia Velocia Motors in Mosman (only the one in Mosman) are the guy's that did my lift for me which is a Mopar. The items where imported from USA and come in the pretty mopar colours (blue springs and silver shocks) and the boys in the workshop had to do a lot of searching etc but thay know what their on about now.

Mines been in for about 8K now (been deployed and no chance to drive) and its settled in but I think its a bit lower in the front than back, but since I tow it sorta works out OK.

The additional clearence is a must have for ANY off road but the additional harshness in the ride is a big trade off for daily use.

It may be better with some higher profile tyres which I dont as yet have, but I do like the way I can throw and I do mean THROW it thorugh the corners....its like a 2 tonne sports car at the present.

Anyway I'm of the opinion that if you are serious about a good lift kit, STU's is prob the go. I just wanted to keep my 6 year warranty intact.

Regs Steve
Old 19-06-2012
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up Mopar 50mm lift kit

Hi all,
Just thought i would let you know, i got a price on the Mopar 50mm lift kit from Nunawading chrysler for my 2011 kk Cherokee $1186 fitted and they have it in stock, Done deal!!!
Old 10-04-2014
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hello to a fellow medic. Looking at Old man EMU 1.5 inch lift in the states. We can not get the Mopar lift in the U.S. it seems. Anybody you know using it.
Post New Thread  Reply