No way! I can't beleive it...2011 Wrangler - Wrong color from factory.. - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 29-04-2011
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default No way! I can't beleive it...2011 Wrangler - Wrong color from factory..

So in February this year I ordered my 2011 Jeep Wrangler 2DR Diesel JK in Flame Red. Since they didn't have any Diesel wranglers in WA yet, and I wanted Media Center 731N and also Side airbags it was a custom order from the factory in the US. Fine...I'll wait.

Now can you believe this!!!!..I just find out today that instead of being Flame Red....it's WHITE and doesn't have the media center or airbags I requested..I'm so pissed. Will be arriving in Perth at the start of Jul. They said they could put an Media Center in at the dealshit, but the problem is I don't like the white! What do you suggest I do?....Reorder and wait another 3 months!! Do you think I can use this as a bargaining point if I put another order through as they got it so wrong!?

Ahhhh....I need a drink LOL

Last edited by pdaemon; 29-04-2011 at 11:29 PM.
Old 29-04-2011
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sounds like their just trying to sell you a stock CRD White wrangler.
Old 29-04-2011
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts

Hate to say this but I would wait for the one I really wanted you are paying big money for the colour you want. Or take the white one cheap but I bet they will not knock much (if any) off the price.

jk Unlimited
Old 29-04-2011
AJOR Silver

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 171 Times in 115 Posts

They probably never ordered it. The Sales Managers can find out what is inbound on each boat and put a hold on the ones they want (if unallocated already). Typical, they probably thought you would not notice. Chrysler Jeep should be able to fix it up, provided an order was actually placed correctly, they can grab an unallocated one (Red) on the next boat and direct it to you (or who knows maybe bump someone else who wanted red). You just need to make enough noise and talk to the right people, starting with the dealer Sales Mgr, then Chyrsler Jeep as high as you can go. Good luck
Old 29-04-2011
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I would say the vehicle coming is not your order and some one has really Stuffed Up.
There are too many things missing / wrong for that car to be a special order it sounds like a car that was a std Stock order. You often see 2dr Jk with no side air bags in Car yards in Qld.
They have just got a white JK turning up and something has gone wrong with your special order or they 1/forgot to order your car,2/ your car has been sent on wrong boat to another Country 3/ Your car missed build at factory for an unknown reason.

You would wont a good discount on the car coming if you accept it.
Less the features you are not getting but expected and quoted in price and it would pay to check price of a similar vehicle that other dealers may have in stock. Check the dealer on this forum for a Quote NORTHERN MOTOR GROUP .
Old 29-04-2011
AJOR Gold

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Request the car you ordered or walk away! If they make you wait request a really good price and a courtesy vehicle for the time you wait again!
Not unreasonable.
You are the one spending the money.
Just a shame, you as a customer and a jeeper are already having problems.

Good luck with it.
Old 30-04-2011
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks for all the replies!

As some of you have said, there must have been a mistake made or didn't even order it. I can't see the factory making the wrong color vehicle!!

The dealer sent me some screenshots from the system...having a closer look at them, it seems that it hasn't even been built yet (have a look at the Production and Planned Dely date)!!!! I don't being told lies!

I may go to a different dealership and re-order it, thanks for the suggestion of Northern Motor Group...may investigate that avenue. If they give me a courtesy car in the meantime, while it's actually being built, I may just keep the order.

I'll keep you posted on what happens..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image002_v1.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	47365   Click image for larger version

Name:	image003_v1.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	47366