What did you do to your CJ today? - Page 63 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Early Model Jeep
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 13-02-2015

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by whollsee View Post
Put my *&+@#$!% fat elbow through this...

...and so easy to replace...not! Epoxy time.

Gents -

Greetings from the States! We have one or two blokes over here who are looking for new 'wedge' mounts for these turn signals as well, which I understand is nearly if not impossible. To that end, I may get in touch with a guy who is doing some manufacturing/replacement parts work on 3-D printers. It doesn't seem like these would be too difficult to CAD and load in. The replacement part would NOT include the rubber gasket that goes between the mount and the fender. I have not made any contact with him, nor do I know anything about costs at this point, though I doubt it would be more than $50 per piece plus S&H. Could be lower.

I was just checking to see if there was any interest from your end of the pond on a project like this? It would not be a big run at all. And probably a one-time deal (at least for us in the States.)

J
Old 13-02-2015
AJOR Gold

Liked 43 Times in 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambo View Post
Gents -

Greetings from the States! We have one or two blokes over here who are looking for new 'wedge' mounts for these turn signals as well, which I understand is nearly if not impossible. To that end, I may get in touch with a guy who is doing some manufacturing/replacement parts work on 3-D printers. It doesn't seem like these would be too difficult to CAD and load in. The replacement part would NOT include the rubber gasket that goes between the mount and the fender. I have not made any contact with him, nor do I know anything about costs at this point, though I doubt it would be more than $50 per piece plus S&H. Could be lower.

I was just checking to see if there was any interest from your end of the pond on a project like this? It would not be a big run at all. And probably a one-time deal (at least for us in the States.)

J
Hey Jambo,. I wasn't aware that style was used stateside. I'd be keen for a pair if the price is right and they are definitely same spec as well as pass your finish/quality standards. I imagine you guys would spy a prototype before any commitment?

Last edited by whollsee; 13-02-2015 at 02:33 PM.
Old 13-02-2015
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 130 Times in 82 Posts

Quote:
Yeah you really do! Hope your still buying those Tatts tickets mate...dan-cj7's project is a real lot of bang for the bucks.
Me dad had one when I was a little tackker.... Dark iridescent brown / orange and yellow decals & white hard top. Old mate has one on here with a black top.
Cried the day he swapped it...... for a XC GS ute 302 , 4 speed. At least I learnt how to do circle work in the ute, lol
Old 15-02-2015

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Hey Jambo,. I wasn't aware that style was used stateside. I'd be keen for a pair if the price is right and they are definitely same spec as well as pass your finish/quality standards. I imagine you guys would spy a prototype before any commitment?
They aren't used stateside. A couple of your jeeps have found there way over here and we have a very hard time finding specific parts for them...
Old 21-03-2015
AJOR Gold

Dropped fuel tank. Clean inside and out and refurb all the bits. New hoses and sender [mopar - tested before install]. Tested check valves. All good. Cleaned and coated tank cover. This and NOS vapor canister should keep the fumes down a little.

While tank was out hit the 20. Much use of expletive getting that cover off. Torx bolt heads were in bad shape and over-torqued of course... like 170 ft lbs. not 170 in lbs. Used various methods for the three most stubborn but got there. Gears looked good...no metal in case. Pity they are not the ratio I want. Freshly coated cover, new gasket, new bolts, new LSD oil. That exhaust is getting replaced very soon and new muffler will be clocked so will have more room and can flip my shocks to drain water better

Working on twin sticks right now! Thought I was done with swearing working on the diff. Nope.
Old 26-03-2015
Established Member

That diff is nicely done. And the dash is a thing of beauty too. You're putting pressure on me: : )

Gordon
Old 26-03-2015
AJOR Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonB View Post
That diff is nicely done. And the dash is a thing of beauty too. You're putting pressure on me: : )

Gordon
GB... so far no leaks in that diff but.... hasn't been spun yet so we'll see. Can confirm rewiring is working out with guages lighting up sweet but gonna have to try and get all the bulbs in the dash in the same colour temp with filters. It's like a blinkin' christmas tree at the moment! You still need to lift your game though!

Last edited by whollsee; 26-03-2015 at 08:01 PM.
Post New Thread  Reply