TOYOTAS ARE GOOD - Page 16 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > RumourMil
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 15-05-2007
SwampDigger

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 34 Times in 19 Posts

Gosh some people out there get all worked up and defensive dont they?
but looking around a couple of forums it seems all the same no matter what badge you have on the grill.
After lurking around this thread for a few weeks, I've gotta put a few comments in. Then I'll go away again.........
I like modded Jeeps. And yota's. And patrols (ok, Pootrols if you insist). And Zooks. Whatever brand, stock ones belong on the road (ok, dirt roads then). But whatever the case, if you are an enthusiast, get out and do it, and be happy others are too in whatever they choose to drive.
I had a good, fun, reasonably modded and very capable XJ. Reliability, constant servicing and shite fuel consumption, etc were other matters altogether.
Seeing as I hang around a Melb based Jeep club, wheel with them on a regular basis and hang around a well known jip shop I see and know modded Jeeps are great offroad (but not all drivers are....) but damn they need regular maintenence. My opinion only (ok flame me if you will) but some aspects are underengineered and not up to it. But as has already been said, you buy em knowin this and deal with it, because of the brand/image/loyalty etc, which is fine. Of maybe not in Tommo's case apparently.
Now I drive a patrol...........and generally and not afraid to use it.
For day trips, the XJ was actually a little better on many cases, but for long term touring (towing a camper trailer), space, fuel range/economy, RELIABILITY and all round unbreakableness (is that a word?) the Patrol craps all over Jeeps. Sorry, but its the truth. (BTW its the old school dumb as a box of hammers 4.2 diesel. ). Maybe slow (how fast do I need to go?) maybe not smart and as fuel efficient as a new grand, but also the dash doesnt lite up like a christmas tree or go into limp mode when it gets near dust or water. Axles/diffs/gearboxes etc dont break. Bits dont wear out like a jeep, and things dont fall apart/off.

As I said, I like Jeeps, plan to get another one shortly for playing around and day trips.

But no matter what the brand, as I suggested in to beginning, get over yourself if you are soooo shortsighted and stuck on brand loyalty, and let everyone else enjoy what they choose to drive.

Oh..........one more thing, in terms of the first post on this thread. My XJ had the original radio in it when I brought it. It didn't work either..........
Old 17-05-2007
Rock Munki

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

I don't understand Richo

did you read the sign

It says Toyotas are good ...all your rabbitting about is a piece of environmentally unfreindly 4.2l poo something

just hurry up and get your JK Rubicon so you don't look like such a tool driving a truck amongst all us Jeeps

Old 21-05-2007
AJOR Bronze

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts

But no matter what the brand, as I suggested in to beginning, get over yourself if you are soooo shortsighted and stuck on brand loyalty, and let everyone else enjoy what they choose to drive.

Oh..........one more thing, in terms of the first post on this thread. My XJ had the original radio in it when I brought it. It didn't work either.......... [/QUOTE]

Yo Richo I think you took some peoples post a little to harsh! Most people just payout on Tojo and Nissans cause they Rip Jeeps so bad and also cause it's just in good fun.

All brands have there Pro's and conns, and most people are open to other brands they are just expressing there Love for there Fav in this case JEEP's (bar Thomo)

I don't 100% think its fair saying Jeep s need more Fixing then other brands, when your Just using the example of your XJ...... It's all relative, a 2004 Prado Grande is just as complicated as a Grand LTD and even more complex then a XJ or KJ..... Tojo owners crap on about they like the simple side of there car..... Yeah maybe in a 80series STANDARD. All the new 4Bs are getting so electrical there on par. JEEP just started doing it early on. Heated seats, ABS (standard in Grands from day dot), Dual airbags standard. Nissan and Toyota needed someone to learn off hehe

A Prado I drove on the weekend had full adjustable Air Bag suspention and GPS! The old bush mechanics ain't gonna be able to get a new airbag in a hurry if you were stranded in the Pilbra.

All cars have there little querks, i find it Ironic that its usually the Tojo and pootrol owners Craping on that they never buy anything other then a Bruiser or Rollux !

Last edited by hemijeepy; 21-05-2007 at 05:27 PM. Reason: CANT SPELL FOR CRAP
Old 21-05-2007
AJOR Gold

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Tommo - how many bites?

Old 04-07-2007
AJOR Bronze

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laz View Post
Tommo - how many bites?
Not enough, I just thought i'd fire it up again...... The new diesel in the cruisers..... you know the real big one V8.... I reckon that should come standard in every car...... Kia Rios and all!!!!!!! 1600rpm and you've got enough torque to pull u're brother off your sister!
Old 04-07-2007
BANNED AGAIN

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 22 Times in 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemijeepy View Post
Not enough, I just thought i'd fire it up again......
I think not, this thread is spent -and now closed