Safety Recall N23 for WH anyone had it done yet? - Page 103 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 16-12-2014
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 822 Times in 462 Posts

It is my understanding the 29/7 TSB was a dealer bulletin stating that the previous update had to be done to the letter and that a specified battery charge had to be maintained at all times while doing software update. Your problem just confirms the lack of communication that happens between some of these dealers and FC.
Maybe Ozjeepster can comment on wether the 29/7 TSB was given to dealers in OZ.
Old 17-12-2014
It's a JK Thing ;)

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 105 Times in 64 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjm View Post
It is my understanding the 29/7 TSB was a dealer bulletin stating that the previous update had to be done to the letter and that a specified battery charge had to be maintained at all times while doing software update. Your problem just confirms the lack of communication that happens between some of these dealers and FC.
Maybe Ozjeepster can comment on wether the 29/7 TSB was given to dealers in OZ.
It is my understanding after speaking with a couple of guys from head office in Melbourne that the new update was released on said date but no notifications / Bulletins were released to dealers as the update was automatically uploaded by Chrysler USA to replace the original N23 that caused a worldwide meltdown , the Bulletin was made available on the Dealer Connect site but was not automatically sent to Dealers like Current Recall & RRT / TSB notices which would explain the Dumb ass look you guys are getting from the Service Advisers who actually dont know there is a fix & it works .

OIIIIIIIO
Old 20-12-2014
AJOR Gold

Liked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Default It's back after re-flash

Three days after the latest reflash "Service 4WD System" returned.

I pulled the FDCM/EDIFF fuse, closed bonnet, started engine, moved into Reverse then Drive, back to Park without moving. Switched-off and replaced fuse. 4WD worked again. Next day the gremlin was back.

Now I must investigate my wiring and actuator to determine if I can avoid the $500 for a replacement actuator.
Old 20-12-2014
I just registered

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Mine has actually been good since i did the fuse trick so all codes were gone by the time i got it back to jeep brighton which turns out is Motorworld and thats why they didn't redo the latest flash but last time i didn't drive forward backward just put it in drive let it engage put it in reverse let it engage turned off put back fuse started and all was good. Fingers crossed i fixed it myself
Old 21-12-2014
CrawlerStar

Liked 43 Times in 35 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbaron57 View Post
Three days after the latest reflash "Service 4WD System" returned.

I pulled the FDCM/EDIFF fuse, closed bonnet, started engine, moved into Reverse then Drive, back to Park without moving. Switched-off and replaced fuse. 4WD worked again. Next day the gremlin was back.

Now I must investigate my wiring and actuator to determine if I can avoid the $500 for a replacement actuator.
You shouldn't be paying for a replacement actuator as replacement is part of the recall...mine was replaced free of charge and I'm not aware of anyone who paid for the replacement. I think there may have been some dealers who initially indicated that it would have to be replaced at a cost but they were wrong and were advised so by Jeep Australia.
Old 21-12-2014
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 822 Times in 462 Posts

The original N23 recall notice sent to owners states that Chrysler will pay for ALL parts and labour to fix the problem. This also covers the code C140F which I believe may indicate an actuator problem.
Old 21-12-2014
AJOR Gold

Liked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Default Permanent "Service 4WD System" alarm now

OK, thanks gents for that advice. The "Service 4WD System" alarm has now become permanent. Neither the fuse trick nor the actuator plug trick worked when the alarm appeared for the second time, 4 days after the re-flash. Maybe that indicates an unrelated fault but the timing makes the suggestion hard to credit. I need wiTECH to check the code and assuming it is C140F, to check the voltage as per Step 6 of the Fault Finding Procedure (Step 2 was a "Yes" - steady 5.01V). It means a 160 km round trip to the dealer. I shall call Melbourne first and request a commitment from Customer Services to pay for the actuator if proven faulty. Otherwise the dealer will expect me to pay for the whole exercise (given that I am apparently their first customer with the problem). Actuator from US via eBay is only $320 and a couple of weeks, so I do not want to risk wearing the dealer's $800 bill for the job.
Post New Thread  Reply