My XJ 3" Lift & Locker instal - Page 5 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 28-02-2012
So play on just play on

Liked 359 Times in 182 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southcross83 View Post
Hey rusty, if ur payin $150 for that bracket ur gettin ripped i just got one for $30 plus $40 postage from hammerhead 4x4 half the price check it out mate. I cant work out how all these companys are putting 100'/, mark up on all these products fair enough we are all out to make a quid but seriously. it does pay to shop around.
Wooders gets these brackets manufactured to his design/spec so you can forget about the markup etc. They are made in Australia and that's just the cost of gettin them manufactured with some profit for Dave.

I've no idea how you got one for $30, I build a lot of stuff like my bullbar and sliders etc and buying the steel in this thickness and then getting it bent would cost more than $30 here!! In fact there's no way I could make one for $30.

Cheers
Steve
Old 28-02-2012
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks Dudzy

Quote:
Hey rusty, if ur payin $150 for that bracket ur gettin ripped i just got one for $30 plus $40 postage from hammerhead 4x4 half the price check it out mate. I cant work out how all these companys are putting 100'/, mark up on all these products fair enough we are all out to make a quid but seriously. it does pay to shop around.
You sure its like the bracket in the picture I posted of wooders one.

I think your thinking of the bracket they supply with the kit to move the panhard rod diff end down and across to line up the diff. Not the wooders bracket that move the top ball joint to a vertical position so it wont bind up when the passenger wheel is at full droop.

I run one of these at the moment to bring my diff back into line. It works well but It binds the top ball joint sooner because of the drop, it also changes the angle relationship with the drag link.

Ill be upgrading to wooders adjustable panhard rod and ball joint relocation bracket when I can afford it. I might need longer brake lines then with the extra droop without the panhard rod binding.

Last edited by rusty577; 28-02-2012 at 07:00 AM.
Old 28-02-2012
Time to tinker

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 448 Times in 233 Posts

Quote:
Sorry mate, but SteveF is right on the money.
Our brackets are made in Australia in small volumes, not mass produced in china/india.
Also there is a bit of steel in there and asside from the cutting, welding & painting time, the tapered TRE insert is seperately machined before before being welded into place.
I wish I made 100% profit, but I can assure you there is nowhere near that amount of markup in the unit.
Also I'd like to add that our unit is covered by our liability insurance (which is bloody expensive) should something fail. Keep in mind if YOU import something and it fails, YOU are deemed to be the manufacturer cause you imported it - it YOU carry the liability (and I have seen other brackets fail)....just something to keep in mind ...
Old 28-02-2012
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I would like to apologise gents, it is a different dedign silly me i have made a fool of myself. please continue this is a massive learning curve for me apologies again.
Old 28-02-2012
Full Flexer

Liked 26 Times in 16 Posts

Southcross, Wooders bracket keeps the correct geometery between the draglink and the panhard.
This one does not.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RIGHT-HAND-D...item3a6c041640
You get what you pay for.
Old 28-02-2012
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah that the one i was thinking of and once again i apologise if i have offended anyone especially wooders.
Old 28-02-2012
Time to tinker

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 448 Times in 233 Posts

Quote:
Yeah that the one i was thinking of and once again i apologise if i have offended anyone especially wooders.
LOL - ME ...Offended??? LOL I have a think head/skin
Post New Thread  Reply