The REAL Jeep assist - Post your pic - Page 39 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > General Jeep Chat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-06-2016
Head Honcho

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 1,174 Times in 709 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Awesome Karma!! I'm trying to work out how to ride into China at the moment, proving extremely difficult, you get their number haha

www.ausjeepoffroad.com
Old 06-06-2016
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 342 Times in 221 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
Awesome Karma!! I'm trying to work out how to ride into China at the moment, proving extremely difficult, you get their number haha
They said they'd email me their pics and details. I remember her saying they live in the second biggest city in China.

I'll keep you posted.

They were a very humble couple.

Those rental RVs get stuck very very easily. I did it in NZ, and in our RV you couldn't turn the damn traction control off, which meant zero chance to get any momentum, once stuck that's it. In hindsight I should have found that fuse
We got pulled put by another hire RV.
Old 06-06-2016
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 111 Times in 81 Posts

I wish I had a waterproof phone or camera - this weekend, my mate had to drag a 30-seat bus off a driveway in Buderim (residential suburb) with his JK 2 door and a snatch strap in the pouring rain. The bus driver wanted to do a 3 point turn, reversed up a steep driveway too quickly and got his tow bar caught up, which left his rear wheels in the air above a gutter.
Old 06-06-2016
AJOR Bronze

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 1,248 Times in 855 Posts

I had to help a couple in their Lexus (Re-badged Land Cruiser) a couple of weeks back. I was doing my local tracks in the Awaba State Forest and came across them.

They were driving home to Sydney from Port Macquarie and decided to take some time to do a few fire trails on the way. They weren't bogged just hopelessly lost so I had them follow me out to the main road and pointed them in the right direction.

I think it might have been a chilly drive home for him. His partner wasn't impressed and she didn't strike me as the outdoorsy / camping type.

MY15 WK2 GC Limited 3.0L. Ironman lift, bullbar & winch. Uneek rack & sliders
Old 12-06-2016
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 342 Times in 221 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Smile 7 days later...

Bored on a Sunday arvo, on my own, I was wheeling through the right place, right time again

Anglesea, Otways, on my way through to Paddys.

Great group of blokes. Well mannered, cruisey. So I thought to stay and watch for a bit, have a chat and some laughs. Patrol Ute. Landcruiser Ute, Hilux Ute winching, and Cruiser stuck.

Red Hilux, anchored to tree, was winching the Cruiser out frontwards, it was a hard pull, but a bolt holding the front bar on sheared, or mount broke or something. Stopped it straight away.

They asked what my winch was like (12,000lbs Monster winch, so not brilliant), but I offered to snatch him out backwards from the other side. Deal.

They only had a tow strap handy, I said I had no chance at pulling it out slow tow style, I'd just spin and spin and spin. Need a snatch. They didn't have one, so I offered mine. Deal.

I asked "Not on the tow ball please..." They knew that was bad news, and hooked up to a good recovery point.

I took it easy at first, working up to faster run ups. Took some dislodging, then getting it up the rearward boghole embankment took a bit too. About 8 tugs, 2 minutes or so. He was out.

This pic shows doggie sticking head out the window, feeling a bit sick. I couldn't take her out for the pulls, too muddy, don't want mud everywhere in the WG when she got back in. Poor dog got thrown around a bit

The Cruuser driver (Kalvin/Calvin) was very thankful, and offered to wash my strap and bring it to my house. Not needed, I can clean it. He appreciated the token.

While taking the pics he says ,"Pretty proud of pulling out a cruiser hey?". I said "Haha, I wouldn't have made that either mate, you could have been pulling me out."

Next weekend, another pull for three in a row?
Old 18-07-2016
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 111 Times in 81 Posts

I received a panicked call from my mate - his Discovery was stuck in a giant mud pit and it was going under quickly (I may be paraphrasing). I raced over as quick as I could to find this:

Traffic was standing still on the Bruce and he thought the track running alongside the highway will be a sneaky shortcut to jump the queue. He said mud hole "looked like a giant puddle" so he drove along its side but the ground gave way under driver's side and the car slid sideways.

The strangest thing was, his V8 would run fine for a minute and then belch out a cup or two's worth of muddy water but keep running:

Another guy with a JKU came by (Dave IIRC) and helped us out by being awesome and getting behind the wheel with the seats covered in mud and the pedals underwater when I reverse-snatch recovered it:

His car ran fine for another 15 minutes but shortly after we got onto a nearby dirt road, his car died in a haze of white smoke and coolant spray from what I suspect is a cracked block. I don't know if his existing head gasket leak contributed but for the second and last time that day, I recovered his car by towing it to a nearby road.

The towie who came to pick it up offered him $500 salvage for it, which he accepted. All of this because he was impatient...
Old 10-12-2017
AJOR Bronze

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 1,248 Times in 855 Posts

No pics (I promised the guy that I wouldn't take any LOL). I was sitting at my camp site yesterday afternoon getting stuck into a heap of wine when a Prado pulls up.

A young bloke jumps out and asked if that was my Jeep. His Holden Rodeo lost 4WD on the beach and was hopelessly bogged. The Prado driver couldn't get him out and remembered seeing mine so asked if I could help.

Thankfully he was near the beach exit so there wasn't far to go. I had to winch him out backwards until I could get on harder ground then I turned around and snatched him out.

All he had was a shovel. Him, his mate and their girlfriends had been stuck for 3 hours before anyone bothered to help them. He told me that another Prado basically drove laps around him laughing before leaving them.

The guy that laughed at them actually wanted to get off the beach while I was helping so I made sure I blocked the exit and made him sit there for 30 minutes until I was finished.

Hopefully one day he will get stuck and no one will help him so he will know what it feels like.

MY15 WK2 GC Limited 3.0L. Ironman lift, bullbar & winch. Uneek rack & sliders
Post New Thread  Reply