Tell me your thoughts - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KK Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 27-04-2009
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: KK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Exclamation Tell me your thoughts

Hi All

We have our own section and apart from posting a few pictures most of us just read the other posts, so I thought I would ask a question we could all benefit from.

As an owner of a Cherokee KK, what are the plus points to the model and what are the downsides to the model? So basicly what do like about it and what have you found that you don't like.

I have only had mine for a few days, (see the pics in the photo section) so its still a novelty to see it sat out there, really love the car at the moment, the only downside is a minor gripe about the crap rear mudflap fitted as standard, they are so bloody long they scrape everywhere, still easily sortted.

It would be great to hear what you longer term owners think now you have owned it a while.
Old 27-04-2009
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Man those mudflaps look even longer that the ones they fitted to the KJ. Sheesh!

Nice looking rig you got there in black. The first few times I saw them I thought they looked like a Commander that'd been crushed from both sides but they're starting to grow on me. I just hope ARB and TJM start making some stuff for them soon and not wait until the model is nearly over like they did with the KJ.

Used to own a KJ 2.8CRD.
Old 27-04-2009
Established Member

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I like my KK, the auto in the CRD leaves the one in the KJ for dead. Its a better truck to drive than the KJ. Just have to get used the the thicker front A pillars, got to get the strength for the skyslider somewhere.
Yea the standard rear mud flaps are lower than the KJ, forgot to get the short ones thrown into the deal but have since got them.
Old 29-04-2009
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 187 Times in 119 Posts

My thoughts?

What were they thinking when they came up with those mudflaps?

For trails, tracks and touring, it is a decent rig, albeit a departure from the philosophy used by American for the XJ variant. Its plus is the Selectrac II but there is too much electronic trickery.

It appears to be a capable car off-road, and with a bit of height, and decent tyres could do even better.

I would never buy a skyslider because, one day, the sky WILL fall in. If I had to take sides between MOTHER Nature, and an automaker, you know who I think would win.
Old 30-04-2009

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Gday

I have had my KK diesel for just a couple of weeks too and so far so good. Upgraded from wrangler as im not doing as much off road as i would like anymore and getting sick of the round town bumps. So from that point of view very happy.

Diesel seems by far the best option IMHO with the petrol beginning to look a bit dated after test driving both for an extended time.

Yet to go offroad and the lack of clearance is obviously the biggest concern so I reckon ill be on the lookout for a lift option soon with some better all round tyres too.
Old 30-04-2009

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

PS ripped those stupid bloody mudflaps off second day! Jesus what were they thinking!!
Post New Thread  Reply