Lift Kits - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-10-2017
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Lift Kits

Am looking for a lift kit for my JK Sport 2dr looking at 2.5" what would people recommend and at about what cost .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 08-10-2017
I just registered

Liked 49 Times in 45 Posts

What state do you live in?
Old 08-10-2017
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

ACT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-10-2017
I just registered

Liked 49 Times in 45 Posts

No idea about Act laws. Here in vic this is what I considered before purchasing:
1) keeping my car roadworthy (police, insurance, resale dramas are all things I like to avoid...) In VIC I would be keeping within the option 1 75mm tyre+suspension no need for engineering cert category.

2) Where do I want to go and what tyre will be best and reasonably economical to get me there. For me that would be a 33 inch MT. Seen as I'm placarded at 255/75r17 that gives me about 58mm to play with in suspension. Therefore I wanted to stay at 50mm or 2 inches. This may be completely different if I lived in the ACT.

3) next would be what do I want to carry and how much wheel travel do I expect to need also how much of a range of uses does the car have (do you load it for trips but also drive daily to work, towing). It's difficult to get a car to have good wheel travel off road while maintaining good ride in both unloaded and loaded conditions. Adjustable shocks and airbags can help with this but with airbags they can be costly.

4) cost, complexity, availability of parts. Yeah I could of fitted an imported kit but if something fails I could be up for air freight on a shock to get the car working again.

All things considered in my jkur that I use more for touring and short camping trips than anything else I went with tough dog 45mm adjustable shock kit from my local mechanic that I know well. I'm super happy with it after 2 years it's been great but is a lot firmer than stock which no doubt would not suit some.

Try and give some more info on what you want out of your car in terms of how much and how often you do what tasks, what tyre you want to run, whether you want to fit it and work on it yourself and hopefully you'll get some more relavent and usefull advise.

cheerio
Old 08-10-2017
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 103 Times in 72 Posts

AEV 2.5 kit from jeepkonection works for me with 34s. Its easy to fit if you have a few tools in the garage.
Once you start adding bullbars and winches etc or if yours is a diesel it will end up around 2 inches of lift.
Old 08-10-2017
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 83 Times in 51 Posts

I went the teraflex 2.5 lift from SBR Offroad, combined with Fox evolution shocks, very happy with it. It flexes well and rides well and with my barwork brings it down to 2 inches to keep it legal here in Qld. You will need the exhaust spacers with it though to stop your front drive shaft hitting the exhaust. Check out SBR's website they have a good range of lifts from budget to top of the line and their prices and service are very good.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
Old 08-10-2017
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks for all the responses. At this stage my Jeep is a Dailey drive so I do not want to go too dramatic.
I believe the ADR rules in the ACT allow you a 2" lift so with bar work 2.5"
just gets in under.
As it is a sport manual to go any more than a 31" tyre I will need to change diff ratios which is in the longer term plans at this stage. I have found these tyres to be reasonable but have found I need a little more clearance and definitely more wheel travel than the stock shocks allow even .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Post New Thread  Reply