Trying to move to kangaroo country - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > LOCATIONS | EVENTS | TRIPS > OS Visitors
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 21-02-2014
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Trying to move to kangaroo country

Just wanted to see what Australia is like compared to America. Ive talked to a Aussie in Kuwait in 2005 that was in the military and he said there's no other place he would rather live.. I've also heard things from different people but most of them have never been to AU. I'm asking because I'm trying to transfer over from the American military to the Aussie military. I read that getting a worker visa or skillset visa is really hard so the military is the way to go. Just had a few questions about the AU, just basic questions like how do locals feel about Americans, how does the military feel about getting ex Americans military in their ranks. Is there a website I can look at and get information about modifying Jeeps and keeping it legal??
Old 21-02-2014
CrawlerStar

Liked 26 Times in 24 Posts

Come on down, you will wonder why you never came sooner. Except if you like having many high powered military weapons and over the top lifts on your jeeps, then you will get home sic. I have a few mates in the army and I would say they don't hate yanks just not fans of 'we are the best' chest out approach Americans have with fighting. If your not a arse hole they will welcome you into their ranks
Old 21-02-2014
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Been to many beautiful places overseas but there is still nothing like coming back home to Australia! Wouldn't live anywhere else. Plus there are endless places to take your 4wd! =)
Old 21-02-2014
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Does Australia not allow lift kits?? Not going to big but maybe 2.5in. I do like owning guns though.. it would suck having to give them up... thats like you guys giving up veggemite. Lol... i did get a response from a person in the military asking more about my experience. Does anybody here have more details about the process switching over to the AU military?? I have no kids or wife so i think it would be to hard for me to relocate if i get accepted. Thanks for the responses..
Old 21-02-2014
westside wheeler

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

You can have basically a small lift 33-34 tyres no issue. You can get a gun licence. We shoot every weekend. Not a better place to live in the world. Great weather, sexy women, cold beer.
Old 21-02-2014
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts

Arrive with the intention of fitting in and you will have no problems at all. Those that have to broadcast how great the place is that they have come from are annoying and if they love it so much, why are they not there now. Be a regular guy and you will be readily and quickly accepted.
Old 21-02-2014
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks guys.... im not arrogant or anything... just an Army medic... lol... does anybody know the process for transferring over to the AU military?? I already sent in a expression of intrest and then emailed a CPL some documents.
Post New Thread  Reply