JScan vs BlueDriver - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 24-10-2019
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 121 Times in 86 Posts
Default JScan vs BlueDriver

Is anyone using the OBD JScan app to scan/clear DTC's? Does it read and clear the 'service 4wd system' codes and get 4low (and fully functioning QD2) back?

BlueDriver is awesome, I get it, and do plan to get it as well.

But just wondering if anyone has been using the JScan app and does it work well with the XH/WH's?

I have been using JScan on other Jeeps and although its interface isn't all that good, what the app can do is amazing when you get into the adaptations part (paid version). On my JK and KK have been able to adjust for tyre size, diff ratio changes, raising the idle (if required), turning on the elec fan at a lower coolant temp, remove speed limiter, lower TPMS thresholds, etc, etc
http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=121119
Old 27-10-2019
Full Flexer

Just FYI, the Commander I just bought has the "service 4wd system" message. No low range.

I paid for a license and used the JScan app to scan the 4wd system for codes, got C2109. Used the app the clear the code.

All good now. Will see how long this lasts.
Old 28-10-2019
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 154 Times in 110 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turismo07 View Post
Just FYI, the Commander I just bought has the "service 4wd system" message. No low range.

I paid for a license and used the JScan app to scan the 4wd system for codes, got C2109. Used the app the clear the code.

All good now. Will see how long this lasts.
It sounds as though your car hasn't had the N23(from memory) patch done. it was nightmare, but in the end FCA finally got it right, when low range was selected a timer would time out and bring up "service 4wd system" if you removed the fuse under the hood and put it back in it would clear.
Anyway a lot of people got so fed up with the issue they stopped taking their cars in to get patches done.
But in the end a patch came that did fix it, someone like Clarky will be able to give you they exact story, but if that is the problem FCA should fix it as it was a recall.
As usual the whole problem started from someone in the U.S doing something, that got themselves run over by the car, so a quick fix turned into a two year nightmare for owners.

Last edited by 08crd; 28-10-2019 at 09:21 AM.
Old 28-10-2019
Full Flexer

Yes thanks, I have read all about that saga haha. It was one of the reasons that stopped me from buying a WH/XH in the past.

I am not sure if the recall/patch with the correct software has been carried out on this Jeep yet, will find out when I have a spare min to look into it.

Point of this post was to let people know that the OBD JScan app may be a cheaper alternative to the Bluedriver app (plus has many other features) as it can read all the individual control systems/ECU's in the Jeep (can even read the sunroof system for faults and provide realtime info on its operation lol) with the ability to clear codes.
Old 29-10-2019
Established Member

Liked 39 Times in 29 Posts

Ive used it before to turn off TPMS and has worked a treat.
Old 30-10-2019
AJOR Gold

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 37 Times in 31 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I used the JScan and found it to be alright, but I have had better luck and better data/graphs from my Car Scanner App. I haven't gone full version yet but it is on the list for how much trouble it has saved me. Having said that I haven't tried to adjust tire size etc. App is an blue oval with an engine block in the center if you want to try it out free.
Old 01-11-2019
Full Flexer

Update.

My "service 4wd system" massage came up again yesterday . So it lasted almost a week.

But now when I clear the code, it with come back within 2 mins of the engine being on, unlike staying off for almost a week. So not sure what has changed there.

Anyhow, I've got hold of BlueDriver. I followed the instructions in this post http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=142961 by robertodonnell.

I am getting the same results as with the JScan app. It will read and clear the code, the "service 4wd system" message will disappear, but then witin ~2mins if the engine being on it will return again.

I find that if I leave the key in ignition, then I can engage 4lo, then start the engine and drive in 4lo etc. to switch back to 4hi I need to do turn engine off, put the key in ignition, then switch ti 4high, start the engine and drive off.

So JScan vs BlueDriver. My take is that they are equal, both are amazing and have strengths in different areas, but when it comes to clearing the "service 4wd system" message and getting 4lo back they are equal to each other.

The code I am getting from the FDMC is C2109 "drivetrain supply voltage low".

I rang my local Jeep stealership (Waneroo), who have for the most part been useless to me for previous Jeeps, but for whatever its worth they said all recalls including the P73 update has been carried out on my Jeep... Don't know if I beleive that given this code that keeps coming up, but either way I now need to go figure out how to sort this out...
Post New Thread  Reply