2000/2002 grand same wiring? - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 26-10-2014
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 388 Times in 291 Posts
Default 2000/2002 grand same wiring?

hello everyone , I do not post a lot and never had many reply to me from any forum , but under the problem I have would be nice for some advice , I own a 2002 grand Cherokee Laredo 4.7l this car now has been reared by a 88 year old driver in a 1986 Toyota ! it has bent and cracked both sides of rails where the towing hitch is bolted. I have bought a 2000 limited grand Cherokee 4.7l , it has a broken engine and a four speed auto , now , no problem transferring the engine and so on , BUT what I really need to know before I go further is :" are the wiring harness the same in these models ?" so I can load the 2002 ECM BCM so on ? or do I need to strip the whole wiring harness out ? for the sake of the two different autos ?
and advice please please .
Old 26-10-2014
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: XH
Liked 184 Times in 136 Posts

G'day bleetnblurt,

I have no knowledge of the wiring compatibility, but I would be very surprised if there is much difference between the two. There were no major upgrades between the models.

You will also find that the two transmissions are identical. The 45rfe (4 speed) is exactly the same box as the 545rfe (5 speed), but in standard form it did not have the 5th (or 6th used for downshifts) forward speed in operation.

Jeep corrected this with a software update on the 2001 onward models I believe. Do a search on here if you are unsure, plenty of good info available.

Cheers,
Hanna
Old 27-10-2014
CrawlerStar

thanks for this Hanna, I think the only worry would be the radio/cd player and maybe the heated seats, but would hate to pull apart to find wiring not or near the same , I have no one to help do the transfer and got to do on my own and any advice from anyone is helpful .
thanks again .
Old 27-10-2014
Established Member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Depends on the build date. There was a major refresh of the model and yes BCM's ECM's and wiring did change. ECM wiring changed. ECM was revised with different pin outs. The dash is different and has different wiring, the EVIC is different (same wiring). The SKIM was changed between the two models, the AZC is different wiring. the indicator and headlight switch is different wiring. The 545rfe has a different solenoid pack and the wiring is different between the two models. The cooling system wiring is also different, so is the ABS.

I only know all this because I bought a 2002 wrecked laredo a few yrs back and tried the same thing but is was a 1999 grand. And finally the wiring between grand and laredo is different full stop.

Last edited by mek67j; 27-10-2014 at 12:53 PM.
Old 27-10-2014
Established Member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Actually I keep remembering back now, the SRS is different and so is the SKIM system.
Old 27-10-2014
CrawlerStar

hi mej67j , all my pins seem to be the same but have not checked the auto side yet , mine is a grand Cherokee limited 2000 release , the one that got smashed was a 2002 lorado pin connectors are the same for ECM and BCM , but just worried on harness itself , I would hate to think I would have to strip both and place the wiring looms from the 2002 to the 2000 model as I am doing this on my own , don't have anyone I can rely on to help in the transfer so far I have only started on the 2000 model and health of me is not the best at the moment , which ever way , I just have to keep doing , as the old guy that hit me was in a hurry to eat his fish and chips and why he now has disappeared I want to leave the harness in (im sure everyone could understand why) the other thing I noticed is the EVAC the 2000 has it under the bonnet and the 2002 is near the tank (canister) I will check the pins again to see if the same , wind is blowing a bit but looking doesn't help to get it done
thanks for the info , I will check .
Old 27-10-2014
CrawlerStar

oh yes , the Laredo is a grand Cherokee ,
Post New Thread  Reply