Quadratec TJ rock sliders - Page 5 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > MARKET PLACE > Resolution Center & Negative feedback
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Old 02-11-2017
Jeep Parts Supplier

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by neomut View Post
Rick, are you guys having some joke or bet at my expense? I nearly wish you where.

Are we going for a 5th attempt? Do you need me to measure them so I can tell you the length of the TJ one vs the LJ one?

It was the correct side and it was for the previous gen wrangler so thats something?

Now I know the LJ sliders exist, they're easy to spot, they have a massive overhand on one side. The TJ ones don't. Everything else, however, is the same.
Hey Jason,

I just spoke with ACE. I am going to have a set shipped from ACE to us. Then that precise set checked, measured, confirmed, and shipped out to you. This will go through the normal processing system so you will see the updates through e-mail as well.

I'll PM you tracking when these ship.

Thanks,

-Rick

Jeep Parts
Old 02-11-2017
Established Member

Liked 16 Times in 14 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Thanks Rick
Old 04-11-2017
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 228 Times in 157 Posts

Quote:
Just to save time.

TJ slider length - ~1270mm
LJ slider length - ~1450mm

Your patience is admirable neo, if you have any to spare, send me some

Last edited by Clarky; 04-11-2017 at 09:38 PM.
Old 05-11-2017
Head Honcho

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 1,174 Times in 709 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Good to see it slowly getting resolved, expensive exercise on their part.

www.ausjeepoffroad.com
Old 06-11-2017
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 191 Times in 138 Posts

Quote:
Update: Tom at quad has been forth right and helpful. Said he checked the box label but not the contents. To his defence the box had the correct part name, but it looks as if ace has miss labeled the slider.

Tom is again following up and will manually check the box this time...
First major process fail in handling this order. When the item showed up the first time wrong, you should of ensured the item was physically checked by a Subject Matter Expert before shipping (not just a sales person), the freight cost for a single resend would cover this check 50 times overs.

Quote:
Well the 3rd attempt just came today from quad.
I've been sent tj slider this time, but they sent me another left hand side slider. I've just sent a rather angry email to Tom, asking why they just sent me another left hand side TJ slider when I have been very very very very very very clear with many images and emails that I need a right hand side slider. As I have a LEFT HAND SIDE SLIDER...

I need a RIGHT HAND SIDE TJ SLIDER. THat is the passenger side for american cars. So now I have 2 left hand side tj sliders and 2 right(?) hand side JK sliders

After 3 deliveries, $500+ and now I wont have sliders in time for my high country trip. I am still without rock sliders.
This is frankly a joke, the person should be put on performance management and seriously watched as they are causing your business money and supply a dreadful service

Quote:
QUad is trying to fix it, credit where credit due.... However, 3 attempts, 4 sliders later and I am still with out a set.....
No credit due, stuffing orders up multiple times is not worthy of any credit, only damnation...

Quote:
Quad gets an A for effort, credit where due, as they're sending me stuff and responding trying to fix it. But an F- for results and execution. And my frustration levels are exceptionally high.....
Stuff up once and it is an error, stuff up again and you are incompetent, continue to keep doing it over and over again should mean you get kicked to the curb.... Putting aside the direct cost to Quad, what about your time and effort....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadratec View Post
I'm hoping this is going to be the correct shipment! I went to the warehouse, opened the box and took photos as follows. It looks correct to me, but I wanted to verify with you this is what you need prior to sending:
What you should of done is got an expert to check the sliders or maybe take one out the back to an actual TJ and put it up against it for comparison, at least the box was opened this time but little good that did having a person with no idea check it.....

Quote:
Must admit, didn't see that one coming. I am sure I am getting stitched up, I wonder if i've an old mate or something working at quad laughing at my expense?

attempt 1 - TJ Left Hand slider + JK slider.
Attempt 2 - JK slider
attempt 3 - TJ Left Hand Sldier (dupilcate)
Attempt 4 - LJ Right hand slider.

5th time lucky? Maybe a JKU slider?

I even took the body mounts off, to fit it up. As it looks exactly right, then I couldn't figure out why i didn't fit, as the side was right, the mounts right, but it hit the tires. Then I remember the Yanks got the LJ...
So many failures that I am sure by now Quad is blaming on the manufacture, which has some credit to it but in the end Quad knew there was issues so why on earth would you ship yet another item out the door without checking it fits properly first......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadratec View Post
I just spoke with ACE. I am going to have a set shipped from ACE to us. Then that precise set checked, measured, confirmed, and shipped out to you. This will go through the normal processing system so you will see the updates through e-mail as well.
This is where you should of started when the item was first raised as incorrect. Admittedly I had the same issues with 4wd.com where they constantly kept sending me a LHD steering box (got 3 of them if anyone needs and upgraded LHD steering box), without checking despite asking them to do so, in the end they just refunded the cost and walked away leaving me to source the correct box with another company (who managed to send the right one first go).

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldon View Post
Your patience is admirable neo, if you have any to spare, send me some
Sounds like he has a full set of JK sliders to sell.....

Last edited by Redemptioner; 06-11-2017 at 12:37 PM.
Old 08-11-2017
Jeep Parts Supplier

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

We received the shipment from ACE today. Photos below.

Part number / info on box confirms TJ:

Size of mounting holes confirms TJ. Length measures 50" (127cm, 1270mm):

This is the US Spec passenger side / AUS Spec driver side - RIGHT hand side of the vehicle when sitting in it.

I will have this shipped out.

Thank you - best regards,

-Rick

Jeep Parts
Old 12-11-2017
Established Member

Liked 16 Times in 14 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Thanks Rick,

Sorry for the delay, I’ve been out in the high country and out of contact.

It looks right, I’ll doubt check when home.

As I’ve said, I am abosolutley impressed with Quads dedication to correct this. Rick and Tom have been absolutely dedicated to resolving this. The big positive to this experiense is that I’ll be using Quad for all my parts and will whole heartily recommend them to any 4x4er.

Sure the experience is frustrating, but what could be worse? If I was dealing with a lesser company which just ignored my issue, didn’t fix it, was slow to respond, or the worst just took my money and ignored me. As you can see in this thread (and a lengthy email trail with Tom), Quad (aka rick) has been responsive, positive and professional.

Make no mistake Quad has lost money here, this experience is no doubt a short term money loss for them. This will be their 5th shipment to me of a massive chuck off metal via FedEx. However, they’ve a continued and loyal customer in me, I’ve brough a lot of stuff through them. And I’ll continue to do so. For decerning buyers such as myself reading this thread, you agree that the big picture is a significant endorsement for Quad.

Quad / Ace have a supply chain issue to solve but, I’d rather they have that as a problem than customer service!

Like they say, it’s easy to be nice and positive when everything is going well, but the true test of character is when things go wrong. Quad in this regard has far exceeded expectations.

I know where I’ll be getting my JK half doors from

Again, I’ll double check with I’m home Rick. I’ll cross check measurements and alike.

Last edited by neomut; 12-11-2017 at 09:43 AM.