2" OME Kit Feedback - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-08-2019
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 40 Times in 16 Posts
Default 2" OME Kit Feedback

Hi All,
I’m considering getting an Old Man Emu 2” lift kit installed in my 2010 WH GC CRD. I’ve been fortunate enough to have a mate in the industry that can get me one sorted for a great price.

Just wanting some feedback on them. Specifically, what’s been quoted is;
N219S Front Struts
N220 Rear shocks
2990 front coils and 2992 rear coils

I currently have 245/70/r17’s; I am considering 255/70/r17 BFG KO2’s for next tyre on stock rims. From what I’ve read, I don’t think they’ll have any issues rubbing but if anyone has put them on with a 2” lift it would be good to hear about your experiences.
Old 02-08-2019
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 843 Times in 471 Posts

Depends on a number of things.Do you have a bull bar ,winch,towing etc plenty of helpful info in previous threads postsetc.I have a std 2 inch OME lift kit in mine.Terrible over corrugations ,front shocks are useless as not enough rebound damping, front springs too hard also.no bull bar or winch.
Old 02-08-2019
Senior Newbie

Thanks bjm. Yes I saw your post on this thread regarding your standard OME package. One of those that got me questioning what the kits are like for the WH.

http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...=135059&page=2

What model are the shocks you are reffering to that are terrible over corrugations? Do you have the N219S Front Struts on yours? Couldn't see that info in the thread above. Also I assume you had standard springs and not HD.

No, I don't have bar work / winch and don't plan on this.
Old 03-08-2019
Full Flexer

Liked 154 Times in 110 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I put Kings springs 2" lift and Bilstein shocks on the Commander 10 years ago, still going strong no problems with sagging and a big improvement in ride.
From what I heard, Kings supply OME with their springs.
Old 03-08-2019
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 843 Times in 471 Posts

My OME kit was std 2 inch lift fr and rear shocks ,std 2 inch lift springs.In other words lift with no bar,winch etc.You will find other info from other members having the same problems.Too hard front springs ,not enough rebound valving in front shocks.
Old 04-08-2019
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 342 Times in 221 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I don't know exactly which OME 2" lift kit we have on our WH.

I'll look for parts numbers when it's clean and on the hoist one day.

It rides extremly sweet on sealed roads. We're stoked with that. Takes the curves, takes off and stops surprising well for a lifted Jeep. Excellent DD vehicle.

Offroad...wellll...it's harsh as a mofo Not a good idea to hit potholes, ruts, deep corrigations, tree roots etc hard. Got to slow down.

We are happy with the compromise though. Suspension in this price range is a compromise. No way around that.

This is a tourer not a Baja 1000 racer.
Old 05-08-2019
Senior Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoobz View Post
I don't know exactly which OME 2" lift kit we have on our WH.

I'll look for parts numbers when it's clean and on the hoist one day.

It rides extremly sweet on sealed roads. We're stoked with that. Takes the curves, takes off and stops surprising well for a lifted Jeep. Excellent DD vehicle.

Offroad...wellll...it's harsh as a mofo Not a good idea to hit potholes, ruts, deep corrigations, tree roots etc hard. Got to slow down.

We are happy with the compromise though. Suspension in this price range is a compromise. No way around that.

This is a tourer not a Baja 1000 racer.
Thanks Hoobz, appreciate the feedback. Think I'll book it in. I can handle a harsher ride off-road. Still got a few km's left in the Coopers but eventually I I'll go up slightly in tyre size to the 255/70 if the lift allows.