Jeep Lemon Australia Viral - Page 5 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > Hot Topic of week
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 14-01-2016

Liked 151 Times in 92 Posts

'Buyer beware' isn't relevant with a brand new product. A buyer has a right to expect the product will perform as advertised for a reasonable period of time, and where that doesn't happen, the buyer has the right to expect the seller to rectify the situation. Australian law states as much, irrespective of whatever the 'official' warranty states.

FCA Australia has a serious problem with its customer relations and complaint resolution processes. People shouldn't be flamed for standing up against that... Other brands seem to manage to deal with their customers in a way that doesn't drive them to such desperate measures.
bjm
Old 19-01-2016
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 388 Times in 291 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rang0 View Post
Ok thank you for that. I do agree with you on some things there. My opinion is that the consumer should be covered no matter what they have bought for a period of time and if it has not been abused. Your opinion is to read the fine print and research. I respect that.:thumbup: i hope there are no hard feelings.

Sent from my SM-J100Y
what ? no hard feelings ? its just a opinion you know something , I have had three heart attacks in one year , had a problem with my heart for at least 10 years, which the doc told me it was the flu and took a nurse to find what was going on , 17 years ago I had a really bad infection from standing on a car badge (it was a metal ford badge) and the infection ate its way through my foot , ! I had a family member who died from overdosing and I had to perform CPR while the boyfriend chanted "how could she do this to me" (he was the one who scored the stuff and they call it a hot shot) a person that I was buying a rambler hornet paid 150 and was going to the bank to get the rest , came back and the car was gone including my deposit and was told "you took too long" (all that was wrong was the primary chain) for 45 years being a type one diabetic , I have had put up/been with some of the most low set , worst, bandits/crims/people ever known, I have been trod on, abused , stolen off , hurt , and broken , lost a hell of a lot of money , and then been left for dead,
all of this is just a small part in my life, but you know what ?

there is no way im going to bitch/whinge/ complain or cry over what has happened to me , far more worse has happened to others, and I have done things/and made mistakes as well. and stick it on a you tube vid or (even I have been told to) write a book about it. it is life , if it doesn't happen to you it means you wouldn't be able to handle it, and when some one can not handle , never ever do they think of the people that they hurt.

a fellow bought some springs off me , and he realized there the wrong type ,
did I rip him off ? NO! a simple refund , but some people would.

Last edited by Jimmyb; 08-06-2017 at 07:27 PM.
Old 22-02-2016
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 106 Times in 53 Posts

Sorry jeep im on the consumers side. My partner purchased a 2007 holden captiva in 2010.
50000km, deisel, excellent condition, retireees owned it from new, log book serviced. She thought she bought smart and ill admit thought it was a solid purchase at the time. It wasnt brand new, but it was close to it.

1.5 years later at 80000km the roller rocker bearing failed, destroying the top end. 8000 bucks to repair, holden just shrugged their shoulders at us as it was out of warranty there was nothing they could do to help us. They said lower grade oil can lead to premature wear of the bearing. This was also stated on the recall notice. When i pointed out the vehicle was serviced by holden, albeit from another dealer, at every service interval prior to the failure, i was told there was no sure way to confirm the right oil was used at the other dealer. Just one of those things. We had no choice at the time but to repair the vehicle.

Just last week, we received a letter from holden customer care stating our captiva has been included in a national captiva/cruz recall for guess what? Roller rocker arm bearing failure in all diesel models. No shit! Could it of been the myriad of complaints and bad publicity about this issue and many more that has led to this recall? I dont doubt it had some bearing on the outcome. So im in the process of trying to get some of our hard earned back from GM. Thanks to everyone out there who kicked up a stink about this problem. Congrats to the grand owner for getting his money back i reckon.

I understand its not a perfect world and faults will happen. Fair enough. Warranty- awesome when it actually covers your issue. The warranty doesnt reimburse your personal time or the inconvenience of taking a vehicle back time and time again, postponing holidays, commitments etc. That time/inconvenience i beleive is heavily undervalued by most dealerships. If you suffer a string of faults after purchasing a new vehicle you should have every right to return the product and get a refund.
Old 02-03-2016
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjm View Post
Unfortunately my reading of the fine print and research when buying my new WH GC didn't tell me I would have a 4x4 vehicle with a non operating low range transfercase for over 18 months, like hundreds of thousands of owners worldwide . this problem was caused by a FC software stuff up .Many owners are still having problems!!Many owners told there wasn't a problem. To put it in simple terms again, in passing over $60000.0 you are entitled to have a vehicle fit for the purpose intended.!!I took FCA to a tribunal court and won my case, the guy who made the video got his point across that FCA would not fix numerous problems ,if you think he was bleating about nothing read what he had to put up with !!
I had a similar problem and was told I needed a $600 servo replaced but came on this web site and found I only needed to remove a fuse to reset the electronics and it's worked great ever since.
Old 10-02-2017
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: FSJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hahaaa
it's very funny video.