The Hemi build - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-01-2021
SwampDigger

Liked 143 Times in 102 Posts

Took out for a test to see how she flex’s not disconnected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

www.ironrockoffroad.com
Old 15-01-2021
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 121 Times in 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRGC View Post
Took out for a test to see how she flex’s not disconnected.

Looks great!!

But these jeeps don't provide much flex lol. Need big $ mods to flex. Thank goodness for QD2 though.

How did it go, happy with it offroad?
http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=121119
Old 16-01-2021
SwampDigger

Qd2 is excellent, but I know the rear has flex potential, I just need to be able to disconnect the sway bar, that’s what limiting it to flex as my shocks still have plenty of droop.
Have been searching and reading of what there doing in the states, some have bought the WJ jks for the rear appearently perfect fit for the WH & WK.

For the front same thing look at my UCA they hardly move and the wheel is in the air, as a test removed one side of the sway link and jack almost topped out just to get the tyre of the ground, will be buying the jeeperf disconnects for the front.

www.ironrockoffroad.com
Old 16-01-2021
Full Flexer

The front you will start blowing CVs if it flexs too much more than stock travel.

The rear does have potential for lots more than stock with the right arms and joints. But then you stress the control arm mounts on the chassis side. I know you got long shocks so you would have heaps more downtravel.
Old 16-01-2021
SwampDigger

You have to remember the superlift drops everything the CV is sitting at stock height(these will be replaced soon with RCV), so not too much stress, since everyone is lifting 3” without correcting diff and lca geometry.

The rear have longer LCA and UCA brackets that come with the superlift which allow it to droop, which I tested when installing the shocks at full droop just stop the springs from popping out, but when the sway bar connected the links stop the droop way to early hence why I want disconnects for off-road. Also I’ll buying rear adjustable control arms upper and lower, just to fine tune it.

www.ironrockoffroad.com
Old 16-01-2021
Full Flexer

You're going to have a nicely setup rig that's for sure.

What I'm referring to in your front end is regardless of SL or not the front CVs can only handle a touch more travel than stock struts. Yes SL lifts everything 4" and retains stock geometry which is great, but the front IFS still has the same travel, which is good as most lifts don't do diff drop therefore they are reducing susp travel in the front. RCVs will be a great help if you planning to disco the front.

Guys in the US with big lifts and flex with rear CAs on the factory mounts are starting to break welds and rip then from the chassis (as the arms are just too short with bad geometry for big lifts and downtravel) as Valpacer did in his WH "War Machine" with SL as well before he switched to long arm rear.

I'm not being negative about your build at all, I love it and think you're going about just right to build a WH that's going to perform as well as it possibly could. Just know that with disco'd swaybars and flexy joints in the rear CAs you'll be at the limit and have other issues if you wheel regularly and hard

Last edited by Turismo07; 16-01-2021 at 03:13 PM.
Old 03-04-2021
SwampDigger

I managed to make the JKS disconnects work in the rear, pics attached all installed.

I also have received the front jks disconnects but the studs have a wider thread appearently they changed the kit sometime ago, I have emailed JKS to see if I can get the correct studs to suit.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4021.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	79313

Name:	IMG_4022.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	79314

Name:	IMG_4023.jpg