Spacer kit for Quadra-lift - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 29-03-2023
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 1,136 Times in 601 Posts

I've been pondering what to do with this air bag suspension as I do not like it much...

The problem with adding air to the air bags to gain lift is the air bags obviously have to hold more air which leads to a less comfy ride as they have less give, and also less suspension travel.
Admittedly when lifting a spring type suspension you do also lose some travel, but retain the same ride.

I do want to lose the "aero" mode totally as with the 32's they will hit the top of the front guards on crappy roads, as well as the rears touching occasionally.

I don't know if JScan will allow me to modify the modes, I have seen the suspension settings in the scanner but last time I mucked about with it there was no change. I'd like to grab about an inch extra height, thats all...

Pretty good video that bloke did on his mods too...

Last edited by Jeeper6; 29-03-2023 at 07:58 AM.
Old 29-03-2023
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 121 Times in 86 Posts

I am planning this exact setup in the next month or so. Will be installing spacers to the front struts to gain a typical 2-2.5" lift, and add spacers for the rear shocks (will get longer ones later).

Then use AlfaOBD to re-program the ride height.

My theory is that this will allow me to have similar ride quality at any given susp height as it was stock, have a overall higher vehicle with more tyre and ground clearence, AND (major factor) retain the same susp travel as stock.

Typically when lifting a vehcile with coilover/struts, whatever your lift height, you will lose in down travel which is no good for me. I was happy to get a WK2 with air susp because I wanted to experience this setup and try to have the best of both worlds. If it doesn't work out, then I'll just convert to coils. But if it does I think it'll be better.

Furthermore, my initial research and measurements on my own Jeep suggest that the steering and overall susp geometry can handle up to 3-4" lift (more specifically, further down travel) before BJ's and tie rods bottom out, which is great and one less thing to modify and consider.
http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=121119
Post New Thread  Reply