Return of the Red 99 Sport! - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 14-06-2020
AJOR Bronze

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 947 Times in 637 Posts

Beer now but inspection today and work out a plan..
swapped over the pass rear wheel for the new one in the back now sits on 3 new tyres I ordered the 4th last week and will be fitted tomorrow 4 new tyres check!
I ordered the nulon coolant thermostat and a new rad cap a 18 psi I stole the cap in Dec to put on the blue one before I went to Bris as it had a 16psi on it and running hot
I can get into the RWC cheap I think ?
Yes I know the mechanic and it's for me but I still want to present a decent vehicle!
I will fill the diff I have enough oil left and clean Fix Later
valve cover Gasket is not real bad so I will degrease the engine Fix Later .. a quick hundred saved $$
the goodies for the flush cost $85 bottle of brake fluid $18 and the tyre $250 I imagine
That would get it on the road ........................
But I want the Nudge Bar! it's cheap enough from MonsterMk2 But Freight is going to be the Killer .. But if I can land it up here for $300 ish I cant complain I need Roo Protection be interesting to see how it flushes out
It's all Happening
_____ooooo
/__l_l_,\____\,___
l_---l_l__l---[ ]llllll[ ]
_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)
Old 15-06-2020
AJOR Bronze

Sitting on 4 New Tyres ....
But you are not going to Believe this while I was getting the tyre fitted I looked over at the blue 96 and its Leaking Coolant! WTF!
I have to remove everything for a good look But it looks like the Top Rad Hose Radiator End
it must be all the OFF and On during the flushing I bet just like the bottom hose it will be split or a tiny hole at the clamp
So I think I will learn from this when I do the red flush 2 new hoses will be fitted at the end I don't want to go through this again .... I am having One of Those Days!!!
So there was NO Motivation..
_____ooooo
/__l_l_,\____\,___
_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)
Old 15-06-2020
AJOR Gold

Liked 1,080 Times in 692 Posts

Might be worth doing a Rockauto order for a few parts including 4 radiator hoses. Two for each Jeep. Those rotten ones on the Blue XJ are not going to last. In fact, i reckon they were letting a bit of pressure out on that last run you did as you were up around the 2/3 mark. Ive got blue silicon hoses on mine, and in fact just ordered a bunch of cheap blue silicon vacuum hose as well.

I'll be keeping an eye out for a 97 to 99 XJ for my boy in the next year, so will be in the same boat as you again.... getting the Jeeps in tip top order..

Cheers,
Old 16-06-2020
AJOR Bronze

"PHEW!" I dodged a bullet on this occasion....
the hoses aren't rotten they are 5 year 15k old
THE CLAMP WAS LOOSE! ....Durrrrrrrrrrrrrr
I don't know how that got past me when I was doing the flush but now I do remember I was not tightening it right up as I kept taking it off to check the stocking I missed that one ..
So all is good with the 96 I sorted that today the red 99 just sat up the backyard looking good
In the 4 years the red99 has been around I cant remember changing the radiator hoses? I did put a aluminium radiator in it as the old one was stuffed when we got it..
I will get new ones for it if the old ones are ok I will keep them as spares
I went through my LED Bulbs today and I have enough to convert the interior over to LED
It has a vibration when you put it in Reverse? I am thinking the Gearbox Mount ? I crawled under it today but are still scratching my head? it looks like the rubber has been peeled back? I will have to get under the 96 and have a look it has a new mount and compare?
It has a vacuum miss as well not bad but you know its there Lots to sort out
I ordered the Nulon coolant thermostat and 18psi rad cap Sunday night
So slowly moving along and a Better Day Today!
_____ooooo
/__l_l_,\____\,___
_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)

Last edited by LuluBelle; 17-06-2020 at 05:00 PM.
Old 17-06-2020
AJOR Bronze

The Coolant arrived today .. that was Fast
Replaced the interior lights with LED's
Then I had to test my new iKegger beer Keg system .. and nothing else was thought about except Schooners
Now that the 96 is not leaking coolant I will move the 99 down under the sails and start the flush this weekend and the brakes and diff getting closer to the RWC then
_____ooooo
/__l_l_,\____\,___
_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)
Old 19-06-2020
AJOR Bronze

Not Red Jeep related but interesting
the coolant leak on the 96 which is fixed no anyway it must of sprayed/blown on the serpentine belt and glazed it a bit and was squealing ... It is tight enough just a slight glazing but annoying ....... I tried what I read online bar of soap use a stick both dangerous as have to be applied while the engine is running ...
Didn't work the Father in Law told me about Molasses yes cows eat it and you can make Rum from it But a little dab on the grooved side of the belt and start the engine squeak squeak and GONE! Bush Remedy
didn't touch the 99 today as we went to the Bush

_____ooooo
/__l_l_,\____\,___
_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)
Old 19-06-2020
AJOR Gold

Liked 1,080 Times in 692 Posts

You might be able to put that in a tube and sell it as stop squeak remedy...
Looked like a nice day out over there. Been storms and rain all week over here in the West.
My suspension was squeaking a bit the other day. All my bolts etc are greased, so i just went around and sprayed EVERYTHING with WD40. My squeaks went too!! Not sure if rubbing Molasses all over my suspension would of helped..

Cheers,