King Springs - Whats the ride like? - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-02-2010
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Default King Springs - Whats the ride like?

Hi all,

Had Tough Dog springs with my 2" lift and it was a nice highway ride. Upgraded to 4" IRO springs and they are too soft for me... great flex but Im not out wheeling at the moment...

What are Kings Springs like - are they a good balance? Where is the best place to get them?

Cheers
Chumby
Old 11-02-2010
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 121 Times in 86 Posts

I don't have any experience with any other spring on my Jeep, but I definitely do not find the King Springs to be soft. I'm not sure if it has more to do with my shocks than the springs but i love the way my Jeep handles on road. It's not stiff as in bone jarring, but minimal body roll (also have upgraded sway bar...), soaks up bumps nice and tight. Not sure how to explain it, but basically rides like a sporty SUV - way better than any of my mates 4wd's.

The only issue I have is that the rear springs could be a bit stiffer cos when I load the Jeep up for a trip she sits down about 15-20mm at the back.

Also had mine in now for 18 months and the Jeep still sits at the same height as it did when I installed them.

If you want longer coils than 2" (or 40mm or whatever they call it) I think they'll be a custom order which King can accommodate.
http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=121119
Old 11-02-2010
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chumby View Post
Hi all,

Had Tough Dog springs with my 2" lift and it was a nice highway ride. Upgraded to 4" IRO springs and they are too soft for me... great flex but Im not out wheeling at the moment...

What are Kings Springs like - are they a good balance? Where is the best place to get them?

Cheers
Chumby
When you say soft, what do you mean? Does it feel wollowie (excuse spelling but you know what I mean)? Like it's driving from the rear?

Is it hard to keep in the lane?

Thanks,
Old 11-02-2010
SwampDigger

Liked 143 Times in 102 Posts

King spring are perfect Its not soft and not stiff Its in between, they are a custom, King springs to into account the weight of the WJ and height I was after and made a perfect spring, very happy with it drives like a car.

www.ironrockoffroad.com
Old 11-02-2010
ShortBlack
Visitor

whats IRO Springs?
Send a PM to JK07 he just fitted new Custom (to his Rigs Weight at each wheel) 4" Kings Ordered through Wizard.
I went with Poly Performance Springs but i haven't Fitted them Yet.
Old 11-02-2010
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I was told (Salesman) that Kings make Tough Dog springs for them.
I would guess that the Kings 40mm And the 30mm TD's are the same item.

You could get the TD's reset, you would then keep a similar rate(if you still have them).
Old 11-02-2010
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
whats IRO Springs?
http://ironrockoffroad.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc
Post New Thread  Reply