KK comments please - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KK Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 25-02-2010
StaunStar

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 27 Times in 20 Posts
Default KK comments please

Im thinking of getting a kk cherokee, just looking for your comments, likes, dislikes, what you wish you had done/got for it/to it? what you think they drive like both around town and on the highway, havent decided petrol or diesel either yet. The dealer has tried to up sell me a freedom pack, are thy worth it? At this point in time its a toss up between a KK and a dodge nitro.

I prolly should add my intentions- it will be 100% daily driver, black top only..

thanks
Old 26-02-2010
Established Member

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Personally I'd go with the Diesel, the consumption difference is fairly large, particularly if you end up towing at any point.

Overall, I've been pretty impressed with the car, the footwell is a little small on the passenger side but other than that, its pretty good.
Old 26-02-2010
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: ZJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fil View Post

I prolly should add my intentions- it will be 100% daily driver, black top only..

thanks
why get a 4wd for black top only... hard to park, use more fuel, handle worse and cost more in general...
Old 26-02-2010
StaunStar

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 27 Times in 20 Posts

[QUOTE=ZJ from WA;1050908]why get a 4wd for black top only... hard to park, use more fuel, handle worse and cost more in general...[/QUOTE

you cant really get a decent size wagon without going to a 4wd. I find them easier to park, because i can see more as im up higher, if you compare apples with apples the fuel economy isnt really that shabby, if you dont lift them they handle fine, and its a new car, so it should need any major maintenance for at least the first 7 to 10 years. And if you have a bit of a look around like i said, there isnt much to choose from that isnt 4wd, rav4, prado, cruiser, forrester, kluger,vitara, patrol, pathfinder, ect, ect. And at the moment its pretty hard to beat the jeeps for price for what you get. But you are right, it is a waste? to get a 4wd for the road only, but the safety features and the trim level the KK comes with is hard to beat. Bang for you buck it great, i just wanna know if guys are having dramas like the JK's are? thanks for your input.
Old 26-02-2010
AJOR Silver

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 171 Times in 115 Posts

If you can find a diesel buy that one. If they go the way the KJs have gone in the second hand market the CRDs will always be sought after. What ever you decide to do stay away from Nitros, they are not 4WDs and don't share the same driveline as the KK. Even if you don't want it to go offroad, the next owner might, but no one is going to want a clapped out Nitro mall crusier.
Old 26-02-2010
Just Build it

What Jeep do I drive?: Brute
Liked 38 Times in 15 Posts

Well well well. I was about to do a new thread tonight to do a write up of my evaluation of the KK driven over the past 3 days.

I think they are a brilliant vehicle and thats not being biased, I really mean it.

I got to pick up a new demo which had 1300klms on it, V6 Limited with a Freedom pack, apart from the tow bar I found the rest useless and a sidesteps got in the way of getting out, flimsy too.

The current LTD Black interior is superb, smells beautiful and the whole cabin is much quieter that the KJ's. The V6 takes some getting used to but I found it too sluggish for my liking, I'd take a CRD any day of the week.

The ride standard was way too soft, softer than a stock KJ. I tested it out on the Freeway, around the city, the burbs and went over countless traffic calmer humps. The stock suspension is stupidly low to the point the contstant bottoming out front and rear made me take the car over earlier to my installer to get the lift done. We did my 2.5" lift on it keeping the original struts and shocks. I really like the way the KK's suspenion is designed. It is purely a more refined version of the KJ's setup with longer rear control arms and a 5 link - much better. It doesnt lurch sideways in the rear over bumps and curbs like the KJ does. Im not a fan of the stock rear shocks at though. I'll be designing some for the rear shortly - they need way more rebound but bump is fine. Low speed control (ie: speed bumps) just isnt there but the higher speed bumps 60kph onwards regular road driving with potholes and rutts was fine.

I like the features in the car too, not too over crowded dials and a great, clear to read dash display. My economy over 3 days was 16ltrs per 100 and that was mostly city with the occassional flat foot take off from the lights.

Unlike the KJ which can get tail shudder on take off with a lift, the KK doesnt at all, and thats due to a brilliant undercarriage, much stronger bits and pieces under there.

It gets my vote big time.
111 Leitchs Rd
Brendale QLD
Old 02-03-2010
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Jeep are about to launch Mopar Suspension for the KK - they have just released WH Grand Cherokee kits and the good thing is warranty will not be effected. The KK is exceptional value at present with the recent price reductions. If you are keen you can contact me regarding your purchase as I work at Northern Motor Group and we sell all over Australia - maybe I can save you some $$$.