Border Track 29/7 - 31/7 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > LOCATIONS | EVENTS | TRIPS > Organise a Trip in your state > South Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 16-06-2016
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 26 Times in 21 Posts
Default Border Track 29/7 - 31/7

Alright guys,

Tookles and I are in the midst of planning a Border track weekend somewhere near the end of July and early August. So far we are planning on going Friday, Saturday and Sunday. So two nights camping with wheeling and exploring in-between. Both nights of camping are going to be at a campground with toilets.

Friday night
The plan is that we all make our own way towards Pinnaroo, meeting at Pine Soak Hut campground and stay there the night.
For people only wanting to come for the Saturday and Sunday, this is where we will be meeting and leaving from.

Saturday
We leave from Pine Soak, heading east towards the border. Meet up with the track and make our way South along it. Having a go at any obstacles we find along the way, and maybe detouring off to some quarry’s that are nearby if we are ahead of time.
Eventually making our way to Red Bluff and picking a campsite there for the evening.

Sunday
Heading off from Red bluff, passing through Bordertown if anyone needs fuel, we’ll make our way towards Little Desert National park. The plan is to have lunch and play abit in the sand before we head off to Frances to refuel and pump up our tires.

Apparently there is a pretty good pub in the town if anyone wants to stick around for tea, otherwise it’s 3 hour drive back to Adelaide to finish off the trip.

Bordertrack isn’t the easiest track or the hardest track in SA, but it should have something for just about everyone. Where the harder obstacles are, there are paths around them, so everyone should be fine.

Hope we see a few people interested, it should be a really fun trip.
Old 16-06-2016
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 133 Times in 82 Posts

Sounds great, I am interested, but not yet able to commit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 16-06-2016
Established Member

Liked 991 Times in 632 Posts

Not sure about the quarries down that way near red bluff, there's not any other tracks really apart from going into Big Desert.
Should be a good trip I reckon, some bits of the southern bit would be tricky when really wet, the 3 or 4 chicken tracks were as bad as the main.
I might try and book the Friday off and head up early if I can make it.

Last edited by Grippy; 16-06-2016 at 09:38 PM.
Old 16-06-2016
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 83 Times in 46 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Yeah neither of us have been up that way yet so open to suggestions.
I'll be heading up Friday, I'll knock off early and be looking at leaving around 2-3 ish
Old 16-06-2016
Established Member

I'll be taking friday off aswell. So it looks like me might all get there pretty early.
Old 17-06-2016
Established Member

Liked 991 Times in 632 Posts

Depending on how long the big holes south of Red Bluff take I would probably Chuck a right on Emu Flat Rd and head straight to Keith for fuel and home. It's still a fair hike from that end of the track.
Any chance the date could be swapped to the weekend before? Last weekend of school holidays?

Last edited by Grippy; 17-06-2016 at 07:57 AM.
Old 17-06-2016
Established Member

It's the girlfriends birthday the weekend before unfortunately. So we cant do any earlier.

But yeah we were discussing that last night. Depending how long the bog holes take, we may not make it to little desert.

Last edited by Skettler; 17-06-2016 at 10:50 AM.
Post New Thread  Reply