ZJ WJ WG member database - Page 12 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 24-05-2012
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: ZJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default my zj

1996 5 in lift 33x12.5 44rear diff us alloy axles twin arb lockers 2 speed transfer case double uni tail shaft dvd player new head light kit solid guard flares k&n filter headers 2.5 exhaust 62 mm throttle body with spacer . 2003 inlet manifold upgraded firepower coil leads cap snorkle sliders 4.0 six ratio change winch cbiie ocars

Last edited by kim-joshy; 24-05-2012 at 03:54 PM.
Old 29-10-2012
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just finished switching camps from Nissan to Jeep.... SUPPOSE it was breed into me with growing up in the back of an XJ haha!! I bought a Jeep!

Model & Year:

2004 WG Grand Cherokee Vision Series (Graphite Metallic)

Engine Type:

4.7L V8

Engine Bay additions:

- Stock

Suspension & Steering: (installation date if remember)

- Stock

Tyre & Wheels:

- Stock

Drivetrain:

- Quadtrac II

Protective & Recovery:

- Stock

Other accessories:

- Sunroof
- Premium Sound
- Towbar
- Black leather
- Vision Series accessories

Apart from that it is standard as they come... However it has a 2" lift due and also some A/T's since it has highway tyres still. Also keen to put an exhaust to get that note of the 4.7L!!

Picked it up through a dealer for $14700 from $17990! However being sold 'roadworthy' it managed to pass with a leaking rear main seal... Gonna hopefully get warranty on that so it will be sweet as!

Last edited by CNO-87; 29-10-2012 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Changed to template
Old 26-04-2013
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 2001

Hi All

Mine is a standard 2001 V8 auto trans, dark maroon colour (what is formal name??), has Continental tyres all round. All great - apart from driver’s seat which the base has collapsed from the centre to the outer edge! The velour itself is unmarked. Must have been a big dude who owned it before me. I want to purchase a new seat as the car is in excellent order otherwise.!

Any advice about where I could purchase a new or good second hand seat base????

Thanks all

Regards

Ray
Old 10-05-2013
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Hi Folks

Until 6 months ago I have spent the last 8 years driving around in a Chrysler Grand Voyager and was pretty pleased to sell that "Soccer Moms car" and move into another more suitable vehicle from the Chrysler family.

Have been looking at Grand Cherokees since I saw one on the side of the road for sale a few years back, I almost bought it, but still needed the van so never did.

Until 6 months ago purchased a 2005 (says 2005 on the rego but it was MY2004) WG Vision Series V8 black crystal pearl all the vision series extras no real mods to speak of.

Ripped out the sound system head unit and wired up a JVC with bluetooth and Ipod connectivity, the stacker is now unplugged, think I might rip it out and use the housing for storage?. Got the steering wheel control unit from the US and wired that up too, cant do without that once you have already had it.

Had a factory nudge bar on it so I put a set of Narvas on it. I thought it looked a little naked without them. Have also got a set of nice looking side indicator lights to replace those old faded oval shaped orange things

The best part was the price, picked it up at a repossession auction for around $9K including costs.

Had to spend some cash on replacing brake rotors and just had the exhaust manifold gasket changed.

Bottom line is I just love it, a 4X4, a V8 and its black, ticks all the boxes.

cheers
Post New Thread  Reply