TJ: My little Jeepy - Page 4 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Jeep build up
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-09-2018
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 86 Times in 64 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Hey mate, any idea what the name of those american racing wheels are? Cheers.
Old 08-09-2018
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 16 Times in 10 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamishW96 View Post
Hey mate, any idea what the name of those american racing wheels are? Cheers.
I think they're the nitro
Old 05-11-2018
Senior Newbie

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexhunta View Post
I think they're the nitro

Rex hunta yes they are nitros, I have the same set on my TJhowever unfortunately they have been discontinued by American racing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-12-2018
Senior Newbie

Check out my Ride(s)

Overheating problem again.

now :

usual 3 core Ally rad, and threw in a 180F thermostat. After giving the car a flogging wouldn't go over 90 degrees, and will always sit around 85 now. Also smashed the top of the speed sensor off while wheeling, so replaced that and wire in a new plug, also threw in a 39 tooth gear for diffs, went 39 so it was in between for running the 33s and 35s.

Few pics from WAs Jeep Life 2018 at Lake Brockman/Harvey.

Last edited by rexhunta; 01-12-2018 at 09:57 PM.
Old 26-01-2019
Senior Newbie

Check out my Ride(s)

Needed some more room inside, and a Bestop rear shelf popped up on marketplace so I grabbed it, only to get there and find the lady only had 1/2 the install kit for the rear tyre carrier and the shelf itself.

Not to worry, mate stripped his trampoline, low and behold the pipe is the same as what's in the kit. The bends worked out perfect to hug the seat, and i just flattened the ends for tabs with my press.

Welded the lot together, and added a 4mm plate gusset at the middle for extra support, and all sweet. This will give me enough room to put the 35" inside the cab still, and will give me room when out camping.

Just waiting on a pair of cage mounts and it should be sweet.

loaded up with everything i usually take on a trip into the bush, l-r : air compressor, tools, recovery gear, oils and coolant.

And plenty of space under, once i remove the pipe that's just supporting it for now. will be enough once the seats out for the 35.

Old 04-03-2019
Senior Newbie

Check out my Ride(s)

Off to the local Laser Cutters again, 20mm mild steel plate cut into recovery points for the rear to go through my bar.

so notched a 22x95mm snug hole through the frame support on either rail, and slid the plates into the chassis rail itself. I tapped the front 2 with the a/f tap to accept the stock bolts, and drilled the hole through the back one so it took the bolt/nut combo as standard. Also bolted the tow bar back on for now until I make a plate to cover the fuel tank. My bar is made from 5mm plate.

Also ( as some may have read or skipped ) made a plate relocation bracket, which included an aerial mount and use of the stock rear light, painted all up in hammer tone, not so sure on the colour as it was meant to be black, but i'll see if it grows on me.

Here's the rear after painting bar etc.

Pete.

Last edited by rexhunta; 04-03-2019 at 09:14 PM.
Post New Thread  Reply