LPG Conversions - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-02-2006
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Is it really worth converting to gas now given that gas is now only half the price of petrol?
About a year ago LPG was about 1/3 of the cost of petrol (ie. ULP 90c, LPG 30c). Now ULP is say, 110c and LPG 55c.
Combine that with the initial installation cost and the higher LPG consumption, it starting to be come less and less cost effective.

just my 2c worth............
Old 09-02-2006
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydannyd
Is it really worth converting to gas now given that gas is now only half the price of petrol?
About a year ago LPG was about 1/3 of the cost of petrol (ie. ULP 90c, LPG 30c). Now ULP is say, 110c and LPG 55c.
Combine that with the initial installation cost and the higher LPG consumption, it starting to be come less and less cost effective.

True... good point...

Guess it should be ok, otherwise cab drivers wouldn't be using it... in the long run, high k's each year should make it worthwhile over 4-5 years I would think... right?
Old 09-02-2006
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The k's that I will be doing, even at those fuel prices and expensive conversion costs I would still cover the cost of the conversion in 2 years.

Does anyone have experience though with a Grand converted???
Old 09-02-2006
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Does anyone know of any places that know how to do it properly? The guy from Parnell LPG systems says he can't do it due to problems with the fuel management system after the conversion.

I find it odd cos there are (supposedly) successful WG Overland 4.7L HO V8 LPG conversions in the UK...
Old 10-02-2006
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I spoke to Parnell and he said the same thing.
LPGAS1 in Lilydale is is who has done them before and seemed quite confident of the process. They were also suggested when I spoke to a number of other gas places. Problem is the $5,500 they quoted!!.
Old 14-02-2006
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydannyd

ULP is around 110.9 while LPG is 59.9

LPG is now more than half the price of ULP.

Not worth it any more in my opinion.
Old 25-05-2007
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question Any further progression on the quest for GAS?

Hi guys
I have recently purchased a 2003 Grand Cherokee Lerado V8. I've been reading your posts and it appears I'm going through all the same stages now that you all went through 12 months ago.

Trying to find someone who will do a LPG conversion the newer models is as rare as rocking horse poo (One for every occasion!).
After speaking to numerous installers many say stay away from a conversion as the DBO2 engine management won't cope.

I have also spoken to LP1 but I'm not willing to fork out $5500 as it's a bit steep...........! I’ve had LPG Tank Recyclers Dandenong recommended by a few guys including Parnell but I would like to find someone who has had a succsessful conversion done before i commit .

Have any of you progressed any further on finding someone who has had a successful conversion on a newer models???

Cheers
Fatboy

Last edited by Fat Chili; 29-05-2007 at 12:47 PM.
Post New Thread  Reply