Awning for 2017 grand Cherokee - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-04-2018
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Awning for 2017 grand Cherokee

Hi all,

I am on to my second wk2 grand Cherokee and am looking to get a 270 degree style awning (my partner and I both get burnt really easily. i need to buy roof racks anyway but want to know if anyone has a wing style awning/ what and how did they mount it.

I have been told that a batwing and foxwing will overhang the front too much. The shark fin aerial prevents from going back too far as well.

Pls help
Old 12-04-2018
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 125 Times in 103 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

The new Rhino batwing #33100 should be fine on the platform based roof racks (Pioneer, uneek, frontrunner, etc). On a side note I have this product on my Wrangler and it's great.

Mounting it always varies when you take accessories from one make and attempt to fit to another. May not be a DIY job depending on how handy you are.

Wouldn't expect any issues at all fitting it to the Rhino Platform of course, should be easily DIY but others on here have reported complaints with the strength of the mounting of this one.
Old 12-04-2018
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Will a Foxwing Eco 2.1 fit to rhino rack crossbars
Old 12-04-2018
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 97 Times in 52 Posts

Only problem with these foxwing / batwing awnings is you cant open the rear tailgate when its set up.......
Old 12-04-2018
AJOR Gold

Liked 118 Times in 69 Posts

I had an original foxwing (30kg) that cost me $900 a few years back on a Prado. Great awning but I decided it was too heavy for the WK2 roof, so bought a $100 kings awning (11kg). With a load limit of 68kg on the GC I wanted to save the weight for other stuff.
Foxwing just sits in the garage now.
Old 13-04-2018
Full Flexer

Liked 355 Times in 199 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surnturf View Post
Only problem with these foxwing / batwing awnings is you cant open the rear tailgate when its set up.......
you can, just not all the way up, not really an issue for me tbh

Last edited by timsarg; 13-04-2018 at 04:34 PM.
Old 24-01-2022
Established Member

Liked 113 Times in 64 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Anyone fit a Darche 270 deg on a WK2,slightly worried about the boot door opening and pushing up against the awning.
I was going to go with a Chief Full Roof Rack System. But I am now considering the Rhino Platform with Backbone, as accessories can be bought locally in town. Although they wont give it a load rating, it bolts to the gutter with nutserts as opposed to the OEM roof rails, so should take as much as the Chief as that sits in the channel also.

Anyone any thoughts on this setup?