"Manufacturer's faults" - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 30-04-2016
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Thanks for the replies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeighP View Post
No other dealers in your general area? I know some dealers are absolutely woeful on their after sales support....which is incredibly short sighted of them given you wouldn't now go back to buy another vehicle from them.
The dealer in Albury NSW is where I've been going, it's 40 minutes from me. The next closest is in Wangaratta VIC, another hour away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaDOC View Post
Is yours a CRD?
Is CRD diesel? Mine's petrol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjl3175 View Post
I'm surprised a jeep dealership would even notice a faulty water pump.
Who's finding the faults, you or them?
They're finding them. I just hear the noises.
It took them three visits for them to figure out the noise from the suspension mount.
When I called them about the squeaking from the front of the engine (the water pump) they told me it was probably a belt, and to leave it for the next service - when I then got stuck in Albury for 2 days because they didn't have any water pumps in stock. They wouldn't release the car to me to take home that night because it was 'about to seize.' After that, they got a different office rep to deal with me, I got a bit angry at the first one and he won't even look at me when I go in there now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogatha View Post
Session,
Where are you located?
I had similar issues with my 07 JK.
It turns out to be the dealer I was dealing with.
I would buy another Jeep but not from them.
As above, I'm near Tallangatta VIC, Alessi CJD in Albury is my closest dealer.
Old 30-04-2016
CrawlerStar

Liked 37 Times in 28 Posts

My Wrangler has a slight knock in the front end. Has had ball joints, bushes, universals and other bits replaced under warranty without fixing the knock.
As a fitter I have a problem with knowing a pump is "about to seize", they must be very talented. Bearings tend to be either working or knackered, hard to get in between as when they go they go big time and usually quickly.
I'm sure after the bugs are sorted you will be fine, Wranglers are quite agricultural and you quickly learn the difference between annoying noises and buggered.
Old 27-09-2016
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 169 Times in 108 Posts
Default Alessi Jeep outcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Session View Post
Thanks for the replies.

The dealer in Albury NSW is where I've been going, it's 40 minutes from me. The next closest is in Wangaratta VIC, another hour away.

Is CRD diesel? Mine's petrol.

They're finding them. I just hear the noises.
It took them three visits for them to figure out the noise from the suspension mount.
When I called them about the squeaking from the front of the engine (the water pump) they told me it was probably a belt, and to leave it for the next service - when I then got stuck in Albury for 2 days because they didn't have any water pumps in stock. They wouldn't release the car to me to take home that night because it was 'about to seize.' After that, they got a different office rep to deal with me, I got a bit angry at the first one and he won't even look at me when I go in there now.

As above, I'm near Tallangatta VIC, Alessi CJD in Albury is my closest dealer.
What was the outcome with Alessi? My 2014 JKUR was towed in there immobilized almost 2 weeks ago an is still there.

Failure of the electric sway bar cause the TIPM and PCM to shutdown and FCA are not honouring the warranty due to the lift!

The service manager at Alessi didn't even know what a "head unit" was when talking about the radio!
Old 27-09-2016
Jedi Master

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 919 Times in 625 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbotrog View Post
What was the outcome with Alessi? My 2014 JKUR was towed in there immobilized almost 2 weeks ago an is still there.

Failure of the electric sway bar cause the TIPM and PCM to shutdown and FCA are not honouring the warranty due to the lift!

The service manager at Alessi didn't even know what a "head unit" was when talking about the radio!
Sorry to hear about it mate. Yeah, service manager.....dickhead.
Old 27-09-2016
Senior Newbie

Liked 22 Times in 15 Posts

We are going through the same stuff. Some items we have been lucky enough to have sorted on warranty, others not.

Failed sway bar disconnect rejected due to lift. Clutch bearings refused "noise is normal". Imo Jeep deserve their reputation in terms of support and service.

One of the big problems is an off road vehicle effectively being serviced by Fiat Technicians. They may be very good for road cars for all I know. Dont actually care.

We go back to Jeep Service if its a possible warranty claim, never know your luck after all. But I always have low expectations and prefer a Jeep enthusiast. Once modified, in Aus, you are effectively operating undrr your own warranty. Little can be expected from Jeep.
Old 27-09-2016
AJOR Gold

Liked 194 Times in 122 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I have the 13 also and warranty issues throughout my time (warranty finished now with outstanding warranty issues to be rectified) cam position sensor harness (3-4 month investigated issue - apparently the first one in the country to have this issue), rear main seal x2, front axle shaft seals, ac dash unit replaced, rear driveshaft/transmission seals (To be completed), lower radiator hose rubbing against steering box adjustment bolt, broken mounts for abs vacuum pump (replaced), swaybar motor failed last day of warranty but have fixed this myself as quote from dealer was $5600-6000 to repair (replace) unit.

My dealer has been really good with me, and as you see above I've been a regular in their office. despite my efforts though, I've not managed to break anything critical yet.
Post New Thread  Reply