TJ full door or half door??? - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > TJ Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-04-2010
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default TJ full door or half door???

Hi guys I am looking to get a tj of 2005 vintage and wondering if I should get a full door and source half doors later or if I get a half door soft top how hard would it be to source full doors later. I looked on 4x4usa website and looks like aftermarket half doors are easy enuff to get.
How do you guys with half doors go in winter, does anyone regret not getting the tj with full doors.
Any help greatly appreciated, I have seen all sorts for sale just softtop and those that come with soft and hardtops etc.
Old 03-04-2010
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: ZJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

wouldnt swap the half doors for anything. Ok so the zippers are a pain when they're full of mud, you can't just wind up a window, air leaks around em, water leaks in them.... but winter or summer, theres just something about pulling the tops off and driving 1/2 doors esp in summer with no top on. (when the trees and gorse bushes cause mayhem down the back of the neck) Im more than happy to rug up in winter and suffer the cold and wet.
Old 03-04-2010
AJOR Gold

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts

I agree with Mark,half doors are the go but I would say get sliders for the top half a lot less hassle than the zipped .

Last edited by tjmad; 03-04-2010 at 02:01 PM.
Old 03-04-2010
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 116 Times in 94 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiMark View Post
wouldnt swap the half doors for anything. Ok so the zippers are a pain when they're full of mud, you can't just wind up a window, air leaks around em, water leaks in them.... but winter or summer, theres just something about pulling the tops off and driving 1/2 doors esp in summer with no top on. (when the trees and gorse bushes cause mayhem down the back of the neck) Im more than happy to rug up in winter and suffer the cold and wet.
Even with your new fancy hardtop? I have full doors and hardtop (came that way), would love to have half doors as well but can't justify spending money on doors.
Old 03-04-2010
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

full doors and hardtop obviously a lot more secure so might be something to consider. I have full doors and hard and soft tops and don't use the hardtop much and is a pain to store. Wish i had half doors, full doors are heavy and are also a pain in the mud, if you keep your window down and have mud flying up the side it fills the channels where the window runs.
Old 03-04-2010
HydroKing

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 19 Times in 13 Posts

If you're just getting a soft top then just get half doors. If you're getting a hardtop then definately get the full doors because you can just buy some cheap bestop half doors. I used to have factory half doors and 2-piece soft doors LOL

Half doors are easier to take off though...

cheers
Old 03-04-2010
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: ZJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi Jeeper View Post
Even with your new fancy hardtop?
Yup, two garages, so whipping off storing the HT aint a problem. Much prefer the HT and half door than the softtop. (and always have the bikini, duster, jammer combo too)