CRD wrangler - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 24-08-2020

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default CRD wrangler

Hi all,
Tripping around outback Queensland and my Wrangler has developed what I would call a misfire when I am travelling along. It happens more when the car is under load going up a hill etc. is only misses for half a second dropping the revs a little and then keeps going. At first I thought I was a bad lot of fuel so this has been replaced and it is still doing it. I have checked the battery and it is running at 14 .7 when running and 12.7 turned off. I am. It wanting to go any further as I am at Charleville and want to get it sorted. I have tried the mechanics in town and most of them just said they would work on it. Another with any ideas that I can try?
Cheers
Old 24-08-2020

Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Update,
Mechanics can’t find what it is. Found a couple of wires that had rubbed through although this didn’t fix the problem and it is getting worse. Missing even idling. They gave me some CRD fuel enhancer to try and clean it out but not really wanting to drive it out of town to push the cleaner through in case it just conks out. Will have a good look under the bonnet at the wiring in the morning and then Might give racq a call tomorrow. Glad I joined ultimate before we started the trip. Any advice would be great.
Cheers
Old 24-08-2020
CrawlerStar

Liked 51 Times in 47 Posts

Clogged ERG value ?
Old 25-08-2020

Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Hey RLT,
No idea mate but will have a look. Is there a simple way I can check this?
Cheers
Old 25-08-2020
CrawlerStar

Liked 51 Times in 47 Posts

Local shop may be able to try cleaning it with some EGR or carburettor cleaner.
Never done it myself but would have to take it out and clean on the bench.
Or even delete it from the system.
Maybe someone who has done this may advise.
Sorry not much help as never done any of the above to mine in 160,000kms
Old 25-08-2020

Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Thanks mate,
Will look into this today before ringing RACQ.
Cheers
Old 25-08-2020
Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 6,577 Times in 4,355 Posts

When was the last time you changed your fuel filter?