Upgrading D35 axles (with ABS) - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-06-2011
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 63 Times in 46 Posts

In the end you might carry replacement shafts with the needed tools and fluids. A D44 isn't what I call a bargain.
Old 03-06-2011
Time to tinker

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 448 Times in 233 Posts

Oli- it's not quite right there are D35 ABS axles.
Although my concern is it's a little like polishing a turd, case at the end you still have one...
Old 04-06-2011
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooders View Post
Oli- it's not quite right there are D35 ABS axles.
Although my concern is it's a little like polishing a turd, case at the end you still have one...
Fair enough. Do you sell them? I checked your website but didn't see them.

Last edited by Oli-dogg; 12-11-2011 at 09:37 AM.
Old 12-11-2011
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabio View Post
They are just pressed on like bearings. In fact, when I still had the D35 in, I chewed out an axle, and the new replacement axle didn't come with the tone ring, so the old was pressed off, and I used a bearing heater to heat it up and slipped it on to the new axle.
I still have my D35 but I have a spare set of stock axles sitting in the garage now (without tone rings). I'm told the axles are exactly the same with the tone rings pressed on as fabio already said so eventually I might buy a set of the Chromoly axles and swap the tone rings over.
Old 12-11-2011
TerraFlexer

Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts

How much are the chromoly axles??Fkn dear i,d think,8.25,s work a treat,never heard of one breakin.Get a bit more lift fittin one too.Your XJ gunna be ready for Chichester??You may have to ride with Simon.
Old 12-11-2011
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
How much are the chromoly axles??Fkn dear i,d think,8.25,s work a treat,never heard of one breakin.Get a bit more lift fittin one too.Your XJ gunna be ready for Chichester??You may have to ride with Simon.
Hi Mitch, I'd love to upgrade to an 8.25 but will make do with what I've got for now, especially since the D35 I swapped over to yesterday has air lockers and 4.10 ratios.

Last I checked the chromoly axles were only US$130 from Team Cherokee so not too dear.

I should be ready for Chichester. Just waiting on the 4.10's to arrive for the front which should be here this week. I've got a problem with the rear suspension to work out too because the 'new' D35 has raised shock mounts so my shockies don't fit properly. They're almost fully compressed with not much upwards travel left so I'm hitting the extended bump stops driving over pot-holes! I might have to dig out my old stock shockies for now and see if they are a better fit...

Is your XJ all good to go and ready for the next trip?
Old 13-11-2011
TerraFlexer

Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts

Honestly thought chromo axles woud cost more.You,ll never swap that 35 out now.With an airlocker and chromos prolly won,t need to.I,m good to go.
Post New Thread  Reply